Tame Impala - Lonerism

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobl04

45:33
Comes out in October.

You can stream album track Apocalypse Dreams here.

This is the cover.

4d80a_1225782.jpg

The dude still sounds a hell of a lot like John Lennon, and judging by this song and album cover, I think we're gonna get more of the same, which is pretty fine by me.

If you can't wait until October you should check out a band called Pond - they released an album called Beard, Wives, Denim earlier this year, opened for The Flaming Lips (hey, I'd posted about 15 times without mentioning them) and the band includes three Tame Impalans, one of whom, Nick Allbrook, is the lead singer. And he quite seriously looks about nine years old.

New song fucking rocks.

Between this and the new Ariel Pink, I've got to find some weed.

After thinking Innerspeaker was just enjoyable on first listen, I can't stop playing it now. It's so fucking consistent. 50 minutes of psych rock bliss.

Can't wait to see them at Lollapalooza :drool:

The only thing about Tame Impala I don't love is how much they sound like the Beatles, thanks to his voice. Otherwise, I very much enjoyed Innerspeaker

The track Apocalypse Dreams got Best New Music from Pitchfork.

Tame Impala: "Apocalypse Dreams" | Tracks | Pitchfork

I liked all the tracks from Innerspeaker I heard (I think I even listened to the album once or twice on Spotify), but for some reason never ended up buying it (don't think it had been released in the US at the time). Probably should do that at some point.

I didn't like the Pond album all that much, but this new Tame Impala track sounds great :up:

I like the new track.

I hope the new album is more consistent than Innerspeaker. That album got a bit boring toward the end for me.

Tracklisting:

'Be Above It'
'Endors Toi'
'Apocalypse Dreams'
'Mind Mischief'
'Music to Walk Home By'
'Why Won't They Talk to Me?'
'Feels Like We Only Go Backwards'
'Keep on Lying'
'Elephant'
'She Just Won't Believe Me'
'Nothing That Has Happened So Far Has Been Anything We Could Control'
'Sun's Coming Up'

This news of up coming new Tame Impala has made my summer! Thanks for all this info!

Martha- I find good prices on import CDs on eBay, Amazon or even pre ordering on Amazon UK (I like a lot of British artists)

It finally sunk in for me how crappy the album title is.

Oh well, probably will be a year end favorite, even if I have to call it "the uh, new Tame Impala" until they release its follow-up.

Tame Impala owes an apology to all the other artists releasing albums in 2012. It's just not fair.

I agree with the cobbler about the artwork, though. And the album title is pretty darn bad. But if that's all this album's got against it, should be pretty swell.

Australians who want to be The Flaming Lips and / or Pink Floyd. If you like either of those two groups, it's a pretty safe bet.

Every time I see a chevy impala I think I've never checked out this band. But I don't need to hear anything that wants to be the flaming lips and/or pink floyd.

They sound like the Beatles at their most stoned, but even more stoned. With fuzzy Zeppelin riffs thrown over the top.

Lucidity and Why Don't You Make Up Your Mind are my favorites from Innerspeaker, and now there are two great songs already out from Lonerism.

They don't sound anything like Flaming Lips to me. The Flips have never been that chill. Pink Floyd, maybe, but still more upbeat than that. I think if you combine the two though...that could work. But stick John Lennon on vocals.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom