Tame Impala - Lonerism

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I keep listening to the first album and loving the hell out of it but damn it I want more! :lol:

Listen to the eponymous EP if you can find it. It's on Grooveshark if you aren't sure about purchasing it.

Basically the same sound and style as Innerspeaker, with shittier production.

I listened to the eponymous EP and, um, the other eponymous EP on my way to work today. I assume you're talking about the 5-track one because the 3-track is just remixes.

You weren't kidding about the production. I honestly can't tell whether they were trying to get that pitch-modulation, recorded-through-a-keyhole effect or were actually using crappy vintage equipment.

All the same, not a bad debut EP and I do think they captured a pretty authentic garage/psychedelic vibe. Half Full Glass of Wine was the standout for me. Even the remix wasn't bad.

Only a couple more hours before I finally get to listen to this! :hyper:

With all the hype, I'm gearing up for disappointment.

LemonMelon said:
It's still going to sound better than pretty much anything else released this year.

Especially now that I added Led Zepplin as the 10th track. Making this album even longer equals :drool:

Darn. I can tell the difference between lossless and mp3. It'd feel weird to add it in.

cobl04 said:
Yes, but I did the same as mikal.

I've deleted Be Above It though.

yeah and the iTunes racist actually did have Led Zepplin as the 1010th track.

iTunes bonus tracks suck.

Especially when they are as good as this one.

I listened to the bonus track and I must say it's one of the best bonus tracks I've ever heard. I hope it turns up on a b-side for a physical single at some point.

Either way, about to finally have a chance to listen to this bitch today.

Dang, I'll have to buy it tonight (hopefully it's available for individual purchase still). Thanks for mentioning the track, guys.

It is still available for individual purchase.

Also, halfway through and :drool:

Album of the year. Yeah. I think I can confidently say that. Unless the second half falls apart. But I haven't even gotten to Elephant yet. Which I consider to be the best song of the year thusfar (and good luck to any challenger the rest of the year).

It is still available for individual purchase.

Also, halfway through and :drool:

Album of the year. Yeah. I think I can confidently say that. Unless the second half falls apart. But I haven't even gotten to Elephant yet. Which I consider to be the best song of the year thusfar (and good luck to any challenger the rest of the year).

The 2nd half is amazing. If you're thinking Album of the Year after half the album, you'll be in tears by the end.

Definitely best album of the year. I only hope he starts working on the next one soon. And yeah, definitely going to pick up Melody's Echo Chamber, too, soon.

The 2nd half is amazing. If you're thinking Album of the Year after half the album, you'll be in tears by the end.

I'm having the opposite feeling (I love the first half much more). But every time I listen, new songs come out of the trip-mire and connect, so I could easily agree with you next week. :D

The trio of Apocalypse Dreams -> Mind Mischief -> Music to Walk Home By is probably my favorite musical moment of 2012, at least today.

I find the stretch from Endors Toi to Elephant to be one of the best 8-song stretches I've ever heard. So strong the entire time.

As much as I love this album, sometimes I forget that there are great guitar riffs on it too, simply because there aren't quite as many as Innerspeaker (which is practically a manual for being awesome at guitar in the 21st century). Mind Mischief's riff sounds incredible.

Unrelated: I love the Todd Rundgren-style synthesizer squiggles on Music To Walk Home By.

Paired with Lucidity too. Easily one of the highlights of the festival.

I need to listen to that Todd Rundgren remix of Elephant; I think it's really cool that Todd actually got involved with this project to a small degree.

Back
Top Bottom