Tame Impala - Lonerism

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You know what's great about this album? It completely blows away "Innerspeaker" which is one of my favorite albums of the last 5 years.

Simply amazing and I hope the non pirates can get their hands on this soon.

Believe you me, I've been tempted to download this since I paid for it 7 days ago. But alas, I'm stubborn!

Finally got around to a listen. Damn strong album, as everyone has said. It certainly gains momentum as it progresses - Elephant and Sun's Coming Up are two of the best tracks I've heard all year.

The only thing that lets this album down in any significant way is Be Above It. I simply don't understand its placement on the record, and, although I don't want to sound hyperbolic, frankly I think it borders on atrocious. They could easily have just left it off the album entirely.

Be Above It is the most controversial song on the album for sure. I still think it serves it's purpose as a good intro track, but I agree that it's probably the weakest track in the album.

I really like it as an intro. In fact, shave a minute off of it and I'd say I love it.

The album's only flaw is that She Just Won't Believe Me isn't long enough.

iron yuppie said:
The only thing that lets this album down in any significant way is Be Above It. I simply don't understand its placement on the record, and, although I don't want to sound hyperbolic, frankly I think it borders on atrocious. They could easily have just left it off the album entirely.

LemonMelon said:
The album's only flaw is that She Just Won't Believe Me isn't long enough.

My only complaints.

Now Ed Droste-approved.

Are Tame Impala on the verge of something huge?

My favourite thing about all this goodwill is that Kevin Parker (who is Tame Impala, the other dudes are only there because he can't play all the music live) does not give a fuck. In his eyes Tame Impala are just one of a bunch of bands from the Perth music scene among Pond, Mink Mussel Creek and others. He's not fazed at all, he just writes the music he wants to.

Just found out my friend from Perth who lives in L.A. is hosting a party for the band when they come into town next month.

Hopefully will score tix to show as well.

Blasting this right now, and for the last several days. I like it more every time I hear it. I like the endless blasts of colour it makes me see.

Anyone head Melody's Echo Chamber? Melody is a French singer/songwriter and the album was produced and (I think) largely played by Kevin Parker (aka Tame Impala). It's just as good, if not better than Lonerism. The songs are more varied, but the sonic palate is pretty much the same.

Melody's Echo Chamber is on my amazon wishlist. We'll see how soon I get to it, but it's promising to hear someone else likes it.

Hollow Island said:
Anyone head Melody's Echo Chamber? Melody is a French singer/songwriter and the album was produced and (I think) largely played by Kevin Parker (aka Tame Impala). It's just as good, if not better than Lonerism. The songs are more varied, but the sonic palate is pretty much the same.

it's his girlfriend. They live a life of seclusion in France.

Apparently, Melody's Echo Chamber sounds a lot like Stereolab and Broadcast. This can only be a good thing.

29arvas.jpg

The MBDTF of pseudo-psych!!1

Back
Top Bottom