Tame Impala - Lonerism - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 08-03-2012, 03:00 AM   #46
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:51 PM
I'm kidding to a certain extent. And there have been a few cases where I've regretted not checking out a band sooner because I've written them off as crap based on the people here who were posting in whatever thread. But there are certain bands I've checked out and realized later, I should have seen that type of sound coming given who was hyping them. It would be like if you clicked a link from a thread I started from back when I used to think people might like some of the stuff I was listening to that wasn't being discussed here. A safe bet would be that it was some kind of loud punk rock n roll or hardcore band.

Old 08-03-2012, 03:00 AM   #47
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the tourist View Post
Here's my favorite from the first album:

Tame Impala - Alter Ego - YouTube
By the way, this was fucking awesome.

Old 08-03-2012, 03:01 AM   #48
The Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words
bitch
It's a one-note meme, but it rings loud and true.

Now.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 03:07 AM   #49
The Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasBored
I'm kidding to a certain extent. And there have been a few cases where I've regretted not checking out a band sooner because I've written them off as crap based on the people here who were posting in whatever thread. But there are certain bands I've checked out and realized later, I should have seen that type of sound coming given who was hyping them. It would be like if you clicked a link from a thread I started from back when I used to think people might like some of the stuff I was listening to that wasn't being discussed here. A safe bet would be that it was some kind of loud punk rock n roll or hardcore band.
I'd be all like "IF IWB RECOMMENDS ME SOMETHING IT'S PROBABLY EAR RAPE HAW HAW" but I'm at a crossroads with hardcore right now. I don't know what the fuck is going on. I'm really falling for that 90s hardcore though, and the bands channeling it like Titus Andronicus, Fucked Up, Japandroids and so on. Don't assume people aren't interested in your opinion!

Quote:

By the way, this was fucking awesome.

Now.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:12 AM   #50
Blue Crack Supplier

You know, the thing for me is, I guess, that I give everyone's recs in here a chance, especially if they're really feeling passionate about it. I guess I sort of know whose tastes line up with mine best and whose are furthest away, but everyone in here loves music so much that I'm always willing to give stuff a listen. And it's paid off so many times, you know?
Old 08-03-2012, 03:17 AM   #51
The Male

I wish more people made threads for albums, like this one. Would you have noticed Tame Impala if a few youtube links were thrown around in Random, NSW? Bands don't really catch fire around here unless someone steps up and makes a thread for them.

Another bonus of separate threads: if we're lucky, posters who don't carry Cock Force memberships will weigh in. I like it when that happens. We're a fairly insular group, as Von Schloopen noted.

Now.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:28 AM   #52
Blue Crack Supplier

I love it when others join in.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:28 AM   #53
45:33

Local Time: 11:51 AM
Exactly why I create 700 of them
Old 08-03-2012, 03:29 AM   #54
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I love it when others join in.
We're still talking about music, and not wild orgies, right?
Old 08-03-2012, 03:32 AM   #55
The Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
Exactly why I create 700 of them
I'd start them for all of my favorite old bands, but those tend to flop. No metacritic scores and BNMs to prod with, and a lot of preconceived notions about the artist come into play if they have a hit or two that aren't especially good.

Now.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:33 AM   #56
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasBored View Post
We're still talking about music, and not wild orgies, right?
We were talking about music?
Old 08-03-2012, 03:39 AM   #57
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon

I'd be all like "IF IWB RECOMMENDS ME SOMETHING IT'S PROBABLY EAR RAPE HAW HAW" but I'm at a crossroads with hardcore right now. I don't know what the fuck is going on. I'm really falling for that 90s hardcore though, and the bands channeling it like Titus Andronicus, Fucked Up, Japandroids and so on. Don't assume people aren't interested in your opinion!

You've heard some stuff that has made you realize there's still an incredible element of pop catchiness in a lot of hardcore and punk rock. You're a pop music kind of guy when you're not listening to lush orchestrations and experimental hipster crap. I was talking to a friend of mine at work last week, and genre-wise I couldn't care less what people are calling something. Or what bands they're likening it to. I'm a sucker for something catchy, something with a hook, something anthemic I can sing along to. There's a lot of it in that kind of music.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:43 AM   #58
The Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasBored View Post
You've heard some stuff that has made you realize there's still an incredible element of pop catchiness in a lot of hardcore and punk rock. You're a pop music kind of guy when you're not listening to lush orchestrations and experimental hipster crap. I was talking to a friend of mine at work last week, and genre-wise I couldn't care less what people are calling something. Or what bands they're likening it to. I'm a sucker for something catchy, something with a hook, something anthemic I can sing along to. There's a lot of it in that kind of music.
Yeah, that's exactly, 100% what it is. I've really been craving that sound lately. Something loud and free, but also sticks in your head. Bands like NoMeansNo and Jawbreaker are really doing it for me.

And also, lots of psych. Tame Impala and Unknown Mortal Orchestra came around at the right time.

Now.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:58 AM   #59
Blue Crack Supplier

It's really the same thing as simple pop music. It's just louder and often more abrasive, hence the reason I prefer it over pop music.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:16 AM   #60
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 06:51 PM
Solitude is Bliss is my favorite. Local indie station plays it fairly often still.

I actually don't have t his album, it took so long to come out int he US that I didn't pick it up when it finally did. I'll need to pick it up along with NSW I guess.

Tags
tame impala