Tame Impala - Lonerism - Page 35 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 08-11-2015, 01:55 AM   #511
45:33

Local Time: 02:01 AM
Had a chance to listen a bit more today. Still really liking it. I think The Less I Know the Better is a standout track no one has been really talking about (edit, LM's all over it). "Come on Superman, say your stupid line..." love that bit. Today I was less bothered by the skipping in Let it Happen, so that's a good sign. I do think it loses a little bit of steam in the second half, and suffers from not having a good ending. Not that New Person is a bad song, but it just sounds like a mid-record song. When it finished and my ipod stopped playing I was like "whaaat?" I'm not a big fan of Sun's Coming Up but that gave Lonerism, an outstanding album and easily my favourite, a sense of closure.

More thoughts to come.

Old 08-11-2015, 02:14 AM   #512

Best Tame Impala song?

I vote for "Music to Walk Home By".

Old 08-11-2015, 03:29 AM   #513
The Male

Local Time: 07:01 AM
Apocalypse Dreams for me.

Now.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 06:41 PM   #514
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:01 AM
I never tire of Lucidity. Might me my favourite Tame Impy song.

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin
Old 08-12-2015, 09:16 PM   #515

Alter Ego has always been my favourite early Tame Impy song.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Old 08-12-2015, 09:18 PM   #516
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
Alter Ego has always been my favourite early Tame Impy song.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using U2 Interference mobile app
Old 08-12-2015, 10:00 PM   #517
Blue Crack Addict

The song of theirs that gets stuck in my head the most often is Led Zeppelin. Should've been on the album proper.
Old 08-12-2015, 10:08 PM   #518

It's on mine (in iTunes. There was a digital version that had it slotted in somewhere in the back half and I copied that). Fits perfectly.

Old 08-18-2015, 03:20 AM   #519

cool video
Old 08-27-2015, 10:06 AM   #520
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 09:01 AM
Recently started listening to satellite radio thanks to a nifty free trial subscription, and I'm already pretty satisfied for its bringing Tame Impala to my attention (or, alternatively, I suppose I could just frequent this area of interference more than twice a year). Haven't heard much aside from the recent material, but it's enough to fuel a post outta me. Look forward to digging in the back catalogue, yo

Sent from my SCH-I435 using U2 Interference mobile app
Old 08-27-2015, 10:08 AM   #521

There's not much more, just two albums and an EP, but most of it is very very good.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:46 AM   #522
The Male

Heard this album again about a week ago and it bowled me over. One great pop melody after another, given some added replay value thanks to great texture provided by the production, which might be their best yet.

Now.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 08:13 AM   #523
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:01 AM
"Who knows, maybe she does?"

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin
Old 11-07-2015, 11:53 PM   #524

Saw them last night. Sidney Myer Music Bowl, our third largest venue after Rod Laver and Etihad Stadium, which I've been to a ton of times - Arcade Fire, Bon Iver, The National, Kanye. Tame Impala are now at that level of popularity, even higher - the show sold out very quickly. But I kept tabs on the Facebook event page for people selling tickets and managed to nab fifth row tickets front and centre a week or so ago, I was fucking stoked. I've actually always been on the lawn in GA, which is located behind the seats and on a huge slope (it's a concert hall outdoors essentially). So it was 100000x better. Here was my locaysh

Skipped the openers. Got there, got a couple of drinks, took my seat with bae, who looked really fucking hot last night. This was the first time I'd been to a concert with a bae, after years of going to gigs and looking at couples being physically close, usually the bloke standing behind the girl body-to-body. I was a bit nervous, cos she's not as into music as I am, but she does have good taste, loves The National and Sufjan and enjoys Tame Impala. The band came out, did a little intro noodle, then launched into Let it Happen and the gig never really let up from there. I've seen them before but this was better, a bigger feast for the senses, a huge wall of sound, great graphics and a great layout on stage.

What I was surprised by was the relative lack of Currents material - this is a pretty balanced set, which means you get a great representation of Lonerism and Innerspeaker stuff, which I loved, but I was bit surprised. If anything it reminded me how much I love Lonerism. Mind Mischief and Why Won't They Talk To Me followed before It Is Not Meant to Be before The Moment got people dancing. Elephant is a long way from my fav Tame Impala song but it's so much fun, I love that huge stomp and it goes off live.

Kevin then spoke about how this is the biggest gig they've ever done, and how Melbourne's their best city to play in, even more so than Perth, their home city, and so they debuted Yes I'm Changing, which was nice, but I'd have much preferred Past Life or any of the last three tracks off Currents, none of which have appeared on tour so far. It's kinda like when LCD didn't play a lot of This is Happening for a while. But I digress. The disappointment didn't last long because up next was The Less I Know the Better, my second favourite Tame Impala song, and I was thrilled because it sounded terrific, definitely the highlight, and the crowd loved it too. Often your fav song isn't the big crowd fav, but it got about the biggest reaction of the night. Eventually was lovely, Alter Ego showed up, my third fav Tame Imp song, and it ruled. Cos I'm a Man was sensational, it has this lovely romantic, drunken swagger and sway to it, and I was cuddling mah GF so that was real nice. Apocalypse Dreams closed the main set, and god do I fucking love that song a great deal. Encore was Feels Like We Only Go Backwards of course, which would actually be in my bottom handful of songs from Lonerism, but it's a great singalong. Then they closed with Nothing That Has Happened So fAr... which is a fantastic song and a big jam.

It became obvious to me during the show that I've got a very clear and firm Tame Imp Rushmore: Music to Walk Home By / The Less I Know the Better / Alter Ego / Apocalypse Dreams. So I would have LOVED to have gotten #1 but it looks like they haven't played it all tour so it was no chance. A great show, a great band, a great night.

Old 11-08-2015, 03:51 AM   #525
New Yorker

I made a last-second decision to go, was idly browsing Ticketmaster the day before and a seated ticket popped up. Why not. There were empty seats next to me, I suspect some people may have bought seats because there weren't any GAs left and just gone to the lawn instead (no wristbands except for those right at the front).

I'd seen Arcade Fire on the lawn and felt a bit distant, so seats are the way to go at the Bowl imo..

Lots of secondhand smoke (which I suppose I should've expected ), but was a bit surprised there didn't seem to be anyone doing anything about it except the two security dudes next to the stage, for such a large venue.

I hadn't listened to any albums, just the songs that have music videos so maybe I'll check them out now.. I seem to do this with a lot of bands I see for some reason

Next up, Pokemon Symphonic Evolutions on Friday

Tags
tame impala