Tame Impala - Lonerism

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Streaming on Amazon Prime. I was skeptical of the whole no guitars thing. But I'm really loving it. Great melodies. Great keys. And that bass and drums!

Tame Impala always has a great rhythm section.

Or, rather, Kevin Parker is a gifted bassist and drummer.

Let It Happen is so fucking good. Listening to this record for the first time on my way to U2 now.

New Person is easily my favorite on this album.

Overal the album comes pretty close to Lonerism imo but I wasn't its biggest fan, relatively speaking.

Sent from my H60-L04 using U2 Interference mobile app

It really is. Somehow it manages to get even closer to psychedelia era Beatles than Lonerism.

They've always reminded me of if John Lennon was the singer of Soft Bulletin-thru-At War With The Mystics era Flaming Lips.

It's a fucking 80s pop album on acid. I've never quite heard anything like that before. Cause I'm a Man sounds like a really, really trippy cover of Father Figure.

I'm having a hard time with that comparison, mostly, I'm sure, because of the heavy gospel influence on the latter, but the 80s inspiration is all over the place.

I'm a bit late to the party, but my knee-jerk reaction is this album is meticulous but uneven. I really like Let It Happen and Cause I'm a Man, but their quality is a bit deceptive, as only New Person Same Old Mistakes matches them IMO. The record is prettier than it is substantive, if that makes sense.

Would I be alone in ranking Innerspeaker > Lonerism > Currents?

I like Reality in Motion, Disciples, The Less I Know the Better and The Moment as much as if not more than any of those tracks. There are a couple of average/bad tracks, and I do think it's slightly less consistent than the previous two, but it's still great.

Let It Happen is overrated. Feels like it spins its wheels for 7 minutes trying to find magic but never does. The skipping shit is just a waste of time.

I'm a huge fan of all the singles they released prior to the release, (Let It Happen, Eventually, Disciples, Cause I'm a Man), but the rest of the album is pretty bland in my opinion. Who knows, maybe it'll grow on me.

For some reason I really like the first four songs (not counting Nangs) and the three last ones. My attention always wavers during the middle portion of the album. No idea why.

Yes I'm Changing has a gorgeous melody. It doesn't get talked about a lot it seems but for me it's one of the highlights.

Universal Australia got back to me super quickly and have hooked me up with a download code for free :up:

But I must ask here... who has the CD, and is there lyrics?

No lyrics.. Just a pointless little insert of only four pages. Have barely looked at it, it was so unremarkable. Could barely find it, it was so thin.

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

Haha. Thanks mate. Now I can send them a very nice email without also being like "heyyyy can you send me a CD as well I want the lyrics".

Coming up soon! An instagram post of the vinyl.

Has anyone heard the EP from 2008? The thing is ragged as hell but still charming. The production makes it feel especially retro. Half Full Glass of Wine is probably the highlight.

Has anyone heard the EP from 2008? The thing is ragged as hell but still charming. The production makes it feel especially retro. Half Full Glass of Wine is probably the highlight.

I do enjoy this EP a lot.

Sent from my SM-G925V using U2 Interference mobile app

Yeah it's my least favorite of their releases but still highly enjoyable. Their production has changed quite a bit since then.

Back
Top Bottom