Take That - The Circus is coming to town!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thatsnotmypuppy

War Child
This one may be a bit more UK specific - but Take That are about to drop their latest album 'The Circus' (not to be confused with Britney's 'Circus' album) on December 1. The first single 'Greatest Day' has hit the radio and the web and I for one am excited. 'Greatest Day' sounds very similar to 'Rule The World' and should be another huge hit across Europe for the lads.

Rumour is a stadium tour of the UK/Ireland/Germany is in the works for June with an Asia/Europe arena tour preceeding it. I'll be making the hop from Melbourne to Hong Kong if needs be. Yes. I am mental. But any chance to visit HK/China will be grasped without hesitation!

So I know there are a few ;thatters' in here - so come on out of the woodwork and lets share some TT love! :applaud:

I think it's so funny that they're releasing an album on the same day as Britney with the same name; I thought someone in one of the record companies would of noticed.

And for actual comments on Take That...they're the only boy band who's ever sounded better after reforming I guess.

What up yes Ive been to see TT when they were here, the gig was electrifying! :up:

I love the new single, these guys have started producing more mature type songs. not gone back to funky pop dance with likes of Everything Changes, etc.

And Gary looks and sounds better these days! :D

What up yes Ive been to see TT when they were here, the gig was electrifying! :up:

I love the new single, these guys have started producing more mature type songs. not gone back to funky pop dance with likes of Everything Changes, etc.

And Gary looks and sounds better these days! :D

Was this earlier in the year? I saw them twice in the Odyssey, they were class.

I hope they come over here on this next tour or I might have to travel back home to see them. :hmm:

LOL they prob will girl!

hello to you anyhow! :wave::hug:

just saw them the once, The Beautiful World Tour, my favourite part was Rule the World, just the beginning alone with the guy and female dancer on stage and the narrator - the set-up with the ball and green lights, and music, was fantastic. When the bridge lowered the girls went crazy. - LOL!

and hello, Jason looks hotter than ever, I just love his tall lean look :up:

:D

:wave: Hi!

I was standing near the bridge the second time. Mark Owen. :drool:

Take That! :lol:

I was marginally curious when that new album came out a couple of years back, but never checked it out. I always liked Barlow as a singer and actually even bought his Open Road album when it came out in the 90s. But I never did bother buying any TT album despite watching all their videos on MTV in the early to mid 90s and generally enjoying their music :shifty: I still maintain that they were probably the best boy band of that whole movement. Somehow they sounded less manufactured than Backstreet Boys, N'SYNC or New Kids... I dunno. Was the last album more along the lines of Back For Good? I still like that song.

I actually loved Open Road and Forever Love

speaking of, Zoots, if you are big into songs and maybe familiar, see in Open Road, at the beginning or halfway through, sounds like an 80s song/male singer voice being played, know who that is?

I have no idea. :lol: I haven't listened to Open Road in several years! maybe a decade! I bought the cassette when it came out and it's still at my parents' house!

Zoots did you not go crazy over Robbie?

I mean, he done so much better out of all their solos.

and get this, see when TT's Never Forget came out, I was way too shy to buy it! I did, but I hovered round the music store for like half an hour before running to the til!

Zoots did you not go crazy over Robbie?

I mean, he done so much better out of all their solos.

and get this, see when TT's Never Forget came out, I was way too shy to buy it! I did, but I hovered round the music store for like half an hour before running to the til!

uh... I'm not a teenage girl to go crazy over Robbie. :wink: I do like a few songs of his like Angels and...... that's it I think, lol.

That Never Forget story is too cute! :lmao: You were too shy to buy it as in... guilty pleasure? :wink:

To be honest Zoots, back then, oh I was, LOL, 21/22 (ish). So, when TT announced they were breaking up, I cried too! I heard it live on the radio and thought ‘ah well’, and then that turned into an ‘ah well :sad:’ and that was because they really were an amazing young hot group. I fancied Mark Owen like mad. :wink:

Never Forget, when that song came out and Howard talked about ‘not breaking up’ I knew they were talking b*llox. Song like that? Oh please, that’s just like sending out the public their life story – memories.

I guess they had to follow rule but.

So, Never Forget was a single, and I wanted it bad. I was a bit sort of shy because believe it or not, but here, if you said you liked TT you would get people not into them laughing/not being serious/joking – in general thinking you were a plonker. :wink: The video is still amazing to watch me thinks :up:.

So, it was the only one I bought, but still it should have been their final ever single, not How Deep Is, because that song and video is so crap, but obviously the idea of her drowning them all in the end is ‘killing them off’.

Maddie, did you see their UK tour tickets go on sale on Friday. No Belfawast dates (yet).

Croke Park is on sale November 6 according to ticketmaster.ie

I see they sold out Wembley 3 or 4 times. A lazy day for the TT boys then!

Can I really justiofy flying to London as it seems the Asian tour may not be until 2010? :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom