Surfer Blood - Astro Coast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I did not know that!

On top of basically strangling his gf, he locked himself in the bathroom first and threatened to hurt himself. What a little bitch lol

Anyway, I've listened to Charles Manson's music, so I'll listen to this album too.

Shame he didn't just hurt himself.

I don't know why I struggle to separate Surfer Blood's music from this guy's actions when I have no problems whatsoever listening to Burzum.

Shame he didn't just hurt himself.

I don't know why I struggle to separate Surfer Blood's music from this guy's actions when I have no problems whatsoever listening to Burzum.

I'm going to play devil's advocate here. As much as I think Chris Brown is a shit stain on the world, there are people who go out of their way to tell everyone that listening to his music is akin to supporting violence against women, but if they actually like an artist who hits women suddenly it becomes okay to... not excuse it, but sort of put it in your subconscious. Double standards.

That's true, Cobbs. I have a number of favorite musicians that are assholes/have been incarcerated and have to justify that to myself.

What makes this situation worse is that he plead not guilty. I mean, really? You were caught being an asshole, might as well own up to it. It's one thing if he has a drinking problem and went too far one night and really wants to clean himself up, but the account I saw makes him sound like an overgrown child with serious emotional problems.

The violence was not to the same degree as with Chris Brown, but it's still embarrassing.

I forgot about that, but I do remember reading about it when it happened.

Now I'm struggling with whether or not to listen as well.

Back
Top Bottom