Suede "Bloodsports"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If I'm ranking Suede records, It's:

Dog Man Star
Suede
Here Come The Tears
Bloodsports
Coming Up
A New Morning
Head Music

Bloodsports is the best they've been since Bernard departed. Yes, I consider The Tears to be Suede.

Between this & Bowie the geezers are cranking out some great stuff lately.

Lemel, definitely hearing the Pulp sounds in Hit Me. Ironically, when I first heard Do You Remember the First Time back in '94, I was convinced it was a Suede song I hadn't heard before. In the days before widespread interweb, it took me forever to figure out it was Pulp and have the record store order His 'n Hers for me. It's the same fuzzed out guitar sound

I heard that guitar tone and immediately thought "fuck yeah Joyriders"

It's weird, but I have a horribly hard time remembering what Suede sound like. I love them a lot when I'm listening to them, but I couldn't pick a single song of theirs and say, it sounds like *blah*.

1 - Dog Man Star
My favourite record by anyone ever. I was obsessed for months after it was released, and over 18 years on (damn) it still grabs my full attention.

2 - Coming Up
Enjoying it a bit more with every passing year. It's so much fun.

3 - Suede
Amazing album. If only High Rising had been on it instead of The Next Life. And Dolly instead of The Drowners (blasphemy, I know).

4 - Bloodsports
Wonderful, favourite album of the year so far. And I hear the above referenced Pulp thing on Hit Me.

5 - Head Music
If only it'd been a bit shorter. Ditch the 3 bad songs here (title song, Crack In The Union Jack & Savoir Faire) and you have a killer record.. and yes, I like Elephant Man.

6 - A New Morning
The only Suede record I haven't bought on its release date. In fact, after hearing it at my sister's place, I waited a whole 9 years to buy it (when it was reissued).

She's ashamed to admit that she never heard a single note after making that post because she was too busy listening to Mumford & Sons.

:grumpy:

I liked it a lot.

I've heard their debut a few times, but it never sticks with me, so I was kind of surprised, do they always sound like that? The album reminded me of the poppier side of Manic Street Preachers.

Anyways, it's a pretty great album, I'm pleased.

Back
Top Bottom