Stone Roses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That entire Blackpool performance is average and I find every single live performance of I Am the Resurrection I've heard pretty much underwhelming. Unlike the divine album version. :drool:

This is awesome. Their debut is one of my favorites...every track has something special. The other night I was listening to this album with some friends of mine and when one of them was reaching to press the skip button during 'Don't Stop' I promptly shouted "Don't touch it!!". I love that song, even if it is just 'Waterfall' backwards with different vocals.

It pisses me off that the remastered b-sides (Where Angels Play, Going Down, Mersey Paradise...), which are some of the best b-sides I've heard, are only available if you buy that ridiculously expensive deluxe edition, while the 2nd disc on the much cheaper "Legacy Box Set" contains demos of the album songs, for which I'm not really that interested (demos are most of the time a throwaway bonus feature). I'll guess I'll only be buying the single disc edition.

I haven't listened to it in its entirety, and haven't even listened to the actual "CD" yet, just the rip on my computer, but on some of the songs I felt like I preferred the original. For example, I used to really love the back ground vocal harmonies in the chorus of She Bangs The Drum, and they've decreased the volume of those voices on the remaster. There's a few small things like that on some of the songs I've heard that I'm not super comfortable with at this point. It's a great package though, and the audio quality does seem nice. I bought the 2 disc, 1 DVD version. I too am usually not a big fan of demos, but some of them I've heard from this have been ok.

It pisses me off that the remastered b-sides (Where Angels Play, Going Down, Mersey Paradise...), which are some of the best b-sides I've heard, are only available if you buy that ridiculously expensive deluxe edition, while the 2nd disc on the much cheaper "Legacy Box Set" contains demos of the album songs, for which I'm not really that interested (demos are most of the time a throwaway bonus feature). I'll guess I'll only be buying the single disc edition.

Depends on what you mean by "available".

Don't tell Scumbo.

The short history of this band is sad, but their output is legendary. One of those bands that's influence is heard more than their music itself, and that's too bad.

Back
Top Bottom