Stereophonics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think they ever topped their debut. Kelly's ragged vocals are perfect for Local Boy in the Photograph and A Thousand Trees.

I really enjoyed In a Moment so I think I'll give this entire new album a go.

about a decade ago, Performance and Cocktails was in my car's CD player for a year straight. That and the debut were awesome. I really think they dropped off after those two. A few albums had a good song here and there, but were always a disappointment to me (huge disappointment. I really wanted them to do well). I'll give this one a whirl

I actually think LVSO is their best but I'm not sure it's a very popular opinion.

Just went back and I had forgotten how much I liked Just Enough Education to Perform.

On first listen, the new one is.... inoffensive

Yeah, I finally made it through the new one this morning. Very low-key for them. I think I like it, though I miss the rockers.

I'm sure I've made this statement around these parts in years past, but I have a different experience with Stereophonics than other people. I didn't get into them until You Gotta Go There to Come Back, so I never had the experience that their first album was fantastic and every subsequent record only served up varying levels of disappointment. I enjoyed making my way through their back catalog, and then when LSVO came out, I loved it. I even got to see them play a tiny club here in Arizona and got one of Kelly's guitar picks. To me, each of their records has some really good stuff, and that would include Kelly's acoustic solo album.

Cobbler, you should definitely check out the whole LSVO album if you like Dakota.

Language Sex Violence Other is an amazing album start to finish.

Back
Top Bottom