Stars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is the post I was hoping to see, when I opened this thread. This is starting out to be the best day ever.

For Ashley:

B3Asp2FCEAAXmQ0.jpg

I got this record recently. Been listening to it daily. No Better Place, Trap Door, The Stranger, and No One Is Lost are the standouts for me.

They absolutely just suck at promoting themselves anymore. And yet I think most of their tweets anymore are about how hard it is to be an independent musician. IDK guys, maybe mention you have a new album coming out while you're doing that.

Anyways, it might be their most depressing record. I don't know what happened in the last five years, but they don't seem to be on molly at clubs anymore.

My two favorites:

And buy it here:
STARS

I kinda stopped paying attention to them when their Facebook or Instagram (I can’t remember which) basically became an advertisement for their patreon.

Haven't listened yet, but really dug those two songs.

While they have never been able to get back to their top trio of Heart, Set Yourself On Fire, and In Our Bedroom After The War, they've been very consistent over the years. One of my favorite early bands to discover through this site.

Haven't listened yet, but really dug those two songs.

While they have never been able to get back to their top trio of Heart, Set Yourself On Fire, and In Our Bedroom After The War, they've been very consistent over the years. One of my favorite early bands to discover through this site.

I love everything, I think I like some of their more recent output even more than those albums, honestly. They're just a can't-fail band for me.

Thank you for bringing up the new album. Stars was a band with whom I had a brief but wild affair many moons ago. I will check out the new stuff for sure.

Like, what am I supposed to do? Should I not listen? I have happily purchased all of their albums on vinyl since I started listening to them. Have every intention to do it again, but that one-time purchase is about all they're going to get from me. At least when I stream it repeatedly they're getting a bit more? I'm not subscribing to their patreon, I'm sorry.

Yeah, that makes me want to not listen at all. Which is a bummer. I only know two of their records, but I’ve listened to those many, many times. I get it, it’s like throwing rolls of pennies at them, but, like, maybe it’s time for them to understand that touring is the real moneymaker. Or getting a song on a hit tv series.

It's weird, because I think they know that. And they are touring, and they do tour, but then they complain about touring costs and I just rip my hair out again, lol. There's no other band I love this much that annoys me in equal share like they do.

It's pretty obnoxious to be complaining about money on social media. And I'm just not that sympathetic. Should people in my profession have to have side hustles? No, but I did, for years, because that's just how it is being a school teacher. And unless you're churning out the pop hits, you may also need to accept that being in a band with 6 members isn't a viable financial decision in this day and age. Stop complaining about it to the people who actually like you and listen to your music. They're not the problem.

I love a thread where a bunch of fans of a band can get together and mutually hate the way the band is behaving, lol.

Back
Top Bottom