St. Vincent - Strange Mercy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe yours is different? The dude at guess-where opened it for me, and on the right was the cd, the left the song titles with no booklet in a slip underneath? Confused...

Wouldn't know. Haven't yet seen a cd copy of it opened or otherwise.

If he'd shut up about Australia and Outkast for a minute, maybe he'd learn.

That's good to know. I still use a PC at home (rather than my Mac notebook) most of the time just because I like the big monitor but I am so scarred from the last virus I got which wiped out my digital music library, and which took three months to rebuild, that the very thought of clicking on a song lyrics link puts the fear of God in me.

Lyric sites blow because they're overloaded with pop-ups. I've never had one crash my computer, but they certainly slow it down. Back in the day, I did, however, download the leak of Go! Team's Proof of Youth from a site that my browser specifically warned me not to visit (freemp3s4uzomg.com, or something) and I did end up being able to hear that album...but absolutely nothing else saved to my hard drive, ever again.

Karmic justice.

Lyric sites blow because they're overloaded with pop-ups. I've never had one crash my computer, but they certainly slow it down.

Yeah, I was gonna say, I use those shitty lyric sites all the time, I have a PC, and I've never gotten a virus from any of them. They do suck, though. And are often incorrect about their lyrics.

Guyz, I'll scan the lyrics or something if you want em that bad.

Those lyrics sites are famously infected with viruses (I speak from experience) so I wouldn't click on any of them unless you have a Mac (which I do now).

Hence why the one I like doesn't even have "lyrics" mentioned in the name of it. :wink:

Seriously though, it's a great site.

Yeah I use songmeanings. But I'm weird and like to have the booklet in front of me.

I forgot you only buy vinyl imps. How much did you pay for it? Unfortunately it would cost me $30, at the very least, to get it here.

Oh, to live near Amoeba.

Word of advice, don't reenact your recent St. Vincent toilet incident while standing in the front row.

lazarus said:
I used to live a couple blocks south of the store. It was nice.

Just stopped in the other night and picked up used copies of You Forgot It In People and Spirit If...

I spent six straight hours in that store (assume you're talking about the one on Sunset Boulevard?) and spent about $400.

Spirit If... kicks ass.

u2popmofo said:
Word of advice, don't reenact your recent St. Vincent toilet incident while standing in the front row.

Ha, noted.

Yeah I was holding Forgiveness Rock Record, the self-titled, and Sprit If... in my hands and, truth be told, read the P-Fork reviews of all three on my phone in an attempt to choose which one I'd get first.

I'm pretty pleased with my choice.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who consults sites like Pitchfork in those situations.

Figure it keeps me from getting my brains blown out in a back room when I want to get my Garden State on.

DVRing it, but you best believe how conflicted I am about the whole thing. Fortunately we avoided the doomsday scenario of it being a potential clincher, even if it meant my having to be present for Pujolspalooza last night.

Indeed. The only comparable scenario I've had was that I went to see Springsteen at the same time as Game 3 of the 2007 NLDS. Obviously it's not the same because the stakes were lower and the Phils were about to get swept, but I was conflicted about that quite a bit. A World Series game? That's a crazy issue.

Good luck with both. I'm pulling for the Rangers and for you and Annie.

Yeah, it's a tough situation. Last year I caved during an ALCS game I missed for a Sufjan show and obsessively checked my phone, so I'm thinking of just leaving it at home or turning it off tomorrow. We'll see how it plays out. And there is little to no chance of hitting on AC given I'll be racing back home after the show.

I actually planned on going to her in store in Dallas today since I was up there, but I wound up coming back to Austin straight from the ballpark last night.

Back
Top Bottom