St. Lucia - The band, not the sovereign island

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
As I mentioned in Random Music earlier this morning, I gave this album a listen today. I have to say, this must be one of the best years I have ever had in terms of being excited for an album and having them actually pan out. Usually it's quite the opposite.

This particular group I hadn't heard of, but they were opening for Haim, and I was going to try and go to the show. I didn't make it, unfortunately. Unfortunate, not just because I love Haim, but because I started to listen to the material that St. Lucia had available and it was all great.

This album (When the Night), though, is not at all what I was expecting. As I recall, they were dream pop before, but maybe that's my memory playing tricks on me. Regardless, these guys sound like a mixture of M83, Passion Pit, Friendly Fires and a dash of LCD Soundsystem now.

It's fantastic and is getting one of the rare two-listens-in-one-day treatment from me right now.

Check some of these out:

St. Lucia // The Way You Remember Me - YouTube

St. Lucia - Wait for Love - YouTube

St. Lucia - "Elevate" (Official Music Video) - YouTube

Last edited:
It makes me smile like an idiot when I'm listening to it, so basically, I agree.

I've been meaning to get into their work a bit more after hearing All Eyes On You and Closer Than This, so maybe it's high time to do that!

Really good. Bought this last week. The gorgeously colourful artwork suits the music.

Their EP was impressive enough and this does transfer a few of the songs from there, along with standalone single "September". I was a little disappointed that Before The Dive didn't make it to the album. But there is heaps to like here. Enjoying Too Close at the moment and The Way you Remember Me is quality too.

Saw them play Parklife festival in October 2012 in driving rain in front of a very small audience. It is a memory that resonates. Look forward to seeing them live again!

Back
Top Bottom