Springsteen VIII - 2014, tour, album, etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I finally got around to The Ties That Bind outtakes collection. It's a much less consistent bag than The Promise, but there are some stunners on there, most notably Stray Bullet. It's nice to hear Bruce having fun, though, as he sounds pretty damn enthused and almost goofy on a lot of those tracks.

More tour dates!
22 MAR, 2016 - Portland, OR - Moda Center
24 MAR, 2016 - Seattle, WA - KeyArena at Seattle Center
28 MAR, 2016 - New York, NY -Madison Square Garden Arena
31 MAR, 2016 - Denver, CO - Pepsi Center
3 APR, 2016 - Oklahoma City, OK - Chesapeake Energy Arena
5 APR, 2016 - Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center
7 APR, 2016 - Kansas City, MO - Sprint Center
10 APR, 2016 - Greensboro, NC - Greensboro Coliseum
12 APR, 2016 - Columbus, OH - Schottenstein Center
14 APR, 2016 - Auburn Hills, MI - The Palace of Auburn Hills
18 APR, 2016 - University Park, PA - Bryce Jordan Center
20 APR, 2016 - Baltimore, MD - Royal Farms Arena
23 APR, 2016 - Brooklyn, NY -
Barclays Center
25 APR, 2016 - Brooklyn, NY - Barclays Center
19 MAY, 2016 - Lisbon, Portugal - Rock In Rio

Last edited:
Fuck yeah.

People keep telling me the PNW isn't "Bruce country" (i.e., profitable, I guess?) anymore, but he hasn't actually skipped the PNW in several tours. I knew we'd get at least one date. And yay, I don't have to travel!

And since this isn't "Bruce country," I'm assuming tickets will be much easier to get. That's how that works, right? :win:

I'm not too worried. Going for a single ticket and not wanting GA, I should be good. I've never had issues in the past.

Just bought myself a GA ticket for the St. Paul show in two weeks. My first Springsteen show ever, so should be a good time!

So, the Dancing in the Dark video. That's not live right? Like obviously the footage is, but it's the studio take with crowd noise thrown in? And what's the story with Courtney Cox? Was that a genuine-pull-a-random-up-from-the-crowd? Or was it orchestrated?

I think I remember that there were the three girls in the audience, all put there by the producer, but Bruce was going to pick one at random and it was Courtney.

That's the story that was told at the time.

Bruce picked people out of the audience to dance with him at shows all the time, sometimes girls, sometimes boys.

So, the Dancing in the Dark video. That's not live right? Like obviously the footage is, but it's the studio take with crowd noise thrown in? And what's the story with Courtney Cox? Was that a genuine-pull-a-random-up-from-the-crowd? Or was it orchestrated?

Directed by Brian DePalma, the video was filmed at the St. Paul Civic Center in Minnesota on June 28, 1984. The audience was not real: it was made up of about 200 extras. Courteney Cox got the role of the adoring fan in the front row who gets to dance on stage with Bruce. She landed a role on the sitcomFamily Tiessoon after.

Cool, thanks. How close was the version they played to the album version? The live versions I've heard in person have been great but more guitars and less synths.

Geez he was/still is a good looking man.

Back
Top Bottom