Springsteen VIII - 2014, tour, album, etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, not my site. I don't even think I remember the URL for that one. Jeez, I forgot all about that! Ha.

I've done some reviews for a local music site. I don't know why I called it a blog. Are there even "blogs" anymore? Don't I have to call it a Tumblr or something?

It's a site. That's all. Nothing more. A site!

Maybe there will be a show near me that isn't close to Christmas so I don't have to sit through damn santa claus coming to town and other Christmas music annoyances. #dontruinmyshowwithstupidchristmassongsagain

Maybe there will be a show near me that isn't close to Christmas so I don't have to sit through damn santa claus coming to town and other Christmas music annoyances. #dontruinmyshowwithstupidchristmassongsagain

:love:

When that came up on my brother's Christmas playlist I went to change it, and my mom goes "but it's Bruce!" In protest. I don't care, that song is terrible and a huge waste of setlist time.

well, your face is the worst opinion ever.

don't forget i still dislike "i'm on fire."

:wink:

Not like a hungry heart type hatred, more like the kind of song where I never need to hear it ever again but I wouldn't turn the station if I was to hear it on the radio. The dark creepy mood thing with the so very 80s synths works so much better in downbound train (or tunnel of love for that matter). I'm on Fire walks the other side of cheesy, something that happens far too much on born in the USA as a whole (I blame the synths).

When Bruce starts laughing in Santa Claus Is Coming to Town...that's gold. Not to mention Clarence's hilariously low pitched backing vocals. That performance is a classic, even if the song isn't (it's one of my least favorite standards).

Not like a hungry heart type hatred, more like the kind of song where I never need to hear it ever again but I wouldn't turn the station if I was to hear it on the radio. The dark creepy mood thing with the so very 80s synths works so much better in downbound train (or tunnel of love for that matter). I'm on Fire walks the other side of cheesy, something that happens far too much on born in the USA as a whole (I blame the synths).

Alright.

I have a GA ticket for the upcoming Sydney show for sale. PM me if interested. Selling at cost. I am not a scalper, but rather due to circumstances I can't attend the show.

When Bruce starts laughing in Santa Claus Is Coming to Town...that's gold. Not to mention Clarence's hilariously low pitched backing vocals. That performance is a classic, even if the song isn't (it's one of my least favorite standards).

Basically this. I think that performance so brilliantly sums up everything that is good and right about the existence of the E Street Band.

Maybe. I can't see past the shittiness of the song and would rather listen to a tenth ave freeze out that does the same thing and doesn't suck.

I've listened twice. I like it quite a bit, although for some reason the version I have is missing both American Skin and Ghost of Tom Joad.

Is Ghost of Tom Joad a studio version of their duet, or is it the same live version that was available on iTunes from the previous tour?

While I like it, I'm having a hard time finding much to say about it. I like reviewing concerts better than albums. :(

I only listened to it via stream, but so far, High Hopes seems rather boring to me, nothing that really leaves an impression. Also, I'm really not a fan of this version of Tom Joad, it's totally ruining a brilliant song for me :| Maybe the album will connect with me more when I get to listen to it more times, but the last two albums were really disappointing to me, too, so I don't expect this one to grow much on me.

I've listened twice. I like it quite a bit, although for some reason the version I have is missing both American Skin and Ghost of Tom Joad.

Is Ghost of Tom Joad a studio version of their duet, or is it the same live version that was available on iTunes from the previous tour?

While I like it, I'm having a hard time finding much to say about it. I like reviewing concerts better than albums. :(

It's a studio version or their live arrangement.

In other words... If Bruce's original from the album of the same name had sexual relations with the Rage Against The Machine cover of the song, their love child would be this version.

Sent from my android cause iphones are for old people

I only listened to it via stream, but so far, High Hopes seems rather boring to me, nothing that really leaves an impression. Also, I'm really not a fan of this version of Tom Joad, it's totally ruining a brilliant song for me :| Maybe the album will connect with me more when I get to listen to it more times, but the last two albums were really disappointing to me, too, so I don't expect this one to grow much on me.

Wrecking Ball was a disappointment for you?

As for Tom Joad, it's merely a different interpretation of the same song. It doesn't ruin anything. If you don't like it, the other version is still there.

If one doesn't like Hendrix's version of All Along The Watchtower, they can listen to Dylan's instead.

And they can both be brilliant in their own ways

Sent from my android cause iphones are for old people

I like the new songs!!! :)
I really hope we see him in europe soon, since I don't really expect anything from a new U2 album hahahah. I really enjoyed the last bruce shows I have seen!!!

Back
Top Bottom