Springsteen VIII - 2014, tour, album, etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Let's see how close this leaked track listing was to being correct. Definitely heard a few of these snippets in that tweet.

"Only the Strong Survive” by Bruce Springsteen

Out Nov. 11

1. Only The Strong Survive
2. Soul Days
3. Night Shift
4. Do I Love You
5. The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore
6. Turn Back The Hands of Time
7. When She Was My Girl
8. Western Union Man
9. I Wish It Would Rain
10. Don't Play That Song
11. Any Other Way
12. I Forgot To Be Your Loved
13. Rooms of Gloom
14. What Becomes of the Brokenhearted
15. Someday We'll Be Together

Last edited:
I've seen some of the performance clips from Bruce's interview on Howard Stern yesterday, I would love to hear the entire interview somehow.

Bruce said he doesn't see himself retiring unless he's incapacitated. He said he can do a version of his Broadway show forever, but obviously he wouldn't be doing three hour shows.

Saw that. It’s been rumored forever. Glad to see some acknowledgment.

On another note, I didn’t even bother buying the covers album. I listened online, and he sounds great, but I just don’t see myself going back to it that much, if at all.

Did anyone watch the entire Howard Stern interview? I got the Black Friday deal for 3 months of HBO Max, perfect timing.

It lived up to the hype for me, excellent mix of personal and musical.

Unless there's a ticket drop at decent prices, I'm out for this tour.

Sadly, looks like Backstreets is out for good.

Secondary market has been taking a hit as shows get closer. Keep an eye out

That's... kinda pathetic and reads like a cranky U2 fan complaining that they couldn't get into the Bono Book Tour.

I get it that tickets were high. They're high for most acts currently.

re: a lifeline... I have zero doubt that a stadium leg will come next with a much different sticker price.

Yeah, I was surprised and didn't think they needed to go that far.

Don't think you'll be able to cover the tour like in years past? Try asking for more volunteers to provide input - there's still plenty in the forum section there going to shows. If that doesn't work, just come out with a different statement saying the tour reporting won't be the same. We'd deal with it, but at least still have the site there.

What gets me is he even says there's the potential for different pricing for whenever the next leg may be. If they really feel that, this move seems even more drastic.

I'm disappointed because Backstreets has been a wealth of information for so long. To see it disappear because of ticket prices seems shallow. Do I wish I was going to a show? Sure, but it doesn't change my opinion about the artist. It is what it is.

Follows artist for 49 years: this guy's the best!

Artist makes one mistake (by following modern ticket selling trends:

cosmo-kramer-seinfeld.gif

It’s one leg of one tour. I could understand a “we won’t be covering this tour until it gets to the more affordable/available* stadium legs,” but it appears that Bruce unapologetically saying he is doing what his peers are doing was it for them. (If it were me, it’d be the rich folk front pits that are the turn off.)

There’s enough Twitter activity to follow from established accounts like Blog It All Night to keep tabs on the tour, but the lack of a central trusted spot for news and fandom is sad. And yet, we all survived the demise of the site that shan’t be named.

*I assume

There are a ton of tickets for Orlando, in good sections, for between $100 and $200. Shows in Texas next week can be had for even cheaper.

Which is sorta exactly how dynamic pricing is supposed to work.

It's going to take an adjustment in how to think about buying tickets, and it's going to take some time for artists to figure out how to do this without initially looking like assholes.

I'm glad Bruce went first and not U2...

But Backstreets reaction is absurd and childish.

Last edited:
Seems like y'all missed this part:

We hear and have every reason to believe that there will be changes to the pricing and ticket-buying experience when the next round of shows go on sale. We also know that enterprising fans may be able to take advantage of price drops when production holds are released in advance of a concert. Whatever the eventual asking price at showtime and whether an individual buyer finds it fair, we simply realized that we would not be able to cover this tour with the drive and sense of purpose with which we've operated continuously since 1980. That determination came with a quickening sense that we'd reached the end of an era.

Know that we're not burning our fan cards, nor encouraging anyone else to do so. In fact, as diehard music fans, we have every hope of rekindling enthusiasm for what we've always believed to be a peerless body of work. If any of this is to reflect on Bruce Springsteen here at the end of our run, we'd like it to be that his extraordinary artistry inspired an extraordinary fan response that lasted for 43 years. That's extraordinary.

I don't think it's childish to take a step back and reconsider whether you want to dedicate so much free time to something that you may not be as passionate about anymore. That this evaluation is the result of a ticketing snafu shouldn't really matter.

Also consider that when this happened to U2 back in the mid-2000s, Larry addressed the fans on a national television broadcast during the Grammys, as opposed to just blowing it off or making excuses.

Last edited:
Also consider that when this happened to U2 back in the mid-2000s, Larry addressed the fans on a national television broadcast during the Grammys, as opposed to just blowing it off or making excuses.

Bruce addressed it.
Basically said:

giphy.gif

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/...vers-lp-fan-outrage-ticket-prices-1234632658/

It caused a bit of an uproar in the fan community because some of the tickets used dynamic prices, and some tickets hit $5,000. Did you know in advance about those price points and dynamic pricing, and do you have any regrets about that?

What I do is a very simple thing. I tell my guys, “Go out and see what everybody else is doing. Let’s charge a little less.” That’s generally the directions. They go out and set it up. For the past 49 years or however long we’ve been playing, we’ve pretty much been out there under market value. I’ve enjoyed that. It’s been great for the fans.

This time I told them, “Hey, we’re 73 years old. The guys are there. I want to do what everybody else is doing, my peers.” So that’s what happened. That’s what they did [laughs].

But ticket buying has gotten very confusing, not just for the fans, but for the artists also. And the bottom line is that most of our tickets are totally affordable. They’re in that affordable range. We have those tickets that are going to go for that [higher] price somewhere anyway. The ticket broker or someone is going to be taking that money. I’m going, “Hey, why shouldn’t that money go to the guys that are going to be up there sweating three hours a night for it?”

It created an opportunity for that to occur. And so at that point, we went for it. I know it was unpopular with some fans. But if there’s any complaints on the way out, you can have your money back.

Back
Top Bottom