Springsteen VIII - 2014, tour, album, etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I read an article today, apparently a motorcycle cop was watching when he took a shot and got back on his bike, so that was the motivation for pulling him over. And he was arrested partially for consumption of alcohol on Federal property, or something.

71272d515c0bf3ba3bb5dd2dc880303d.gif

When I first heard the story, there were so many flags:

1) Why didn't we hear about this before now?
2) Bruce? Who's pretty much never been in trouble his entire career? Was drunkenly joyriding around a closed national park?
3) Conveniently leaked after the commercial aired.

I'm not even remotely surprised by the details that came out in the CNN article.

I'm not going to pretend like I'm cool with him saying he took two shots in twenty minutes and then got back on his bike, but at the same time, everything about this screamed overblown. I didn't even consider the Republican cop possibility, but that feels pretty likely.

Drunk referring to the original articles from a few days ago that painted things in a much more nefarious light.

I'm surprised by him blowing .02 off of two shots of Patron, though. One does me in. But I'm much smaller than Bruce. The cop makes a lot of wild claims for two shots, as well. Bleary eyed, staggering, couldn't follow directions (he says Bruce took 45 steps instead of the instructed 18).

Again, this whole thing stinks to high heaven.

"mary's dress waves" just scans way better than "mary's dress sways".

the dress is waving because of the air gust from the screen door slamming. a dress sways when the person wearing it is walking.

i had always assumed springsteen would have of course picked the better line and that it must be "waves". :shrug:

Last edited:
"mary's dress waves" just scans way better than "mary's dress sways".

the dress is waving because of the air gust from the screen door slamming. a dress sways when the person wearing it is walking.

i had always assumed springsteen would have of course picked the better line and that it must be "waves". :shrug:

Of course the screen door slammed cause Mary just walked out of the house and as she walked, her dress swayed. (Or maybe its swaying cause she's dancing)

Plus sways rhymes with plays, which to me made it clear it was sways.

Back
Top Bottom