Springsteen VIII - 2014, tour, album, etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It took me three fucking hours to get through town this afternoon on the 405, so here's how I spent part of my time:

On the cd Live in New York, the phrase "41 shots" is repeated 33 times. I was hoping it was 41 times. It isn't.

Also, that album is a little erratic, but I liked it. I haven't listened to it in a while. I've been Bruce-ing out since the shows a few weeks ago.

It took me three fucking hours to get through town this afternoon on the 405, so here's how I spent part of my time:

On the cd Live in New York, the phrase "41 shots" is repeated 33 times. I was hoping it was 41 times. It isn't.

Also, that album is a little erratic, but I liked it. I haven't listened to it in a while. I've been Bruce-ing out since the shows a few weeks ago.

I love a lot of the performances on Live In NY... specifically Jungleland, the acoustic Born In The USA, Badlands into Out In The Street, and Land of Hopes And Dreams

but the editing and track listing is odd. I don't get why they couldn't have just released a full show in order rather than split it up like that.

If anyone has tickets for the European shows:

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band Set Attendance Mark at Barclays Center as U.S. 'River' Tour Wraps | Billboard

It was a fitting conclusion for the three-month trek, as the E Street band raised the roof on the final night performing the 1980 double album in its entirety. It was also the last time the band will perform the album from top to bottom, Springsteen said.

"Tonight this is going to be our last official performance of The River from start to finish. We're going to open up our set list overseas," Springsteen told the crowd.
I think he got tired of performing the album night after night.

Bruce Springsteen Breaks His Own Record for Longest E Street Band Show in the U.S.
8/26/2016 by Michele Amabile Angermiller

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band celebrated the 41st birthday of the classic album Born to Run by breaking the record for its longest show ever in the United States.

Clocking in at four hours even, the band on Thursday night (Aug. 25) gave the hometown crowd at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey bragging rights to witnessing another musical marathon. Fans were treated to 33 songs, a guest appearance by Rage Against the Machine and Prophets of Rage guitarist Tom Morello, the youngest singer ever to join the Boss on stage for "Waitin' on a Sunny Day" (she was three-years-old), and a marriage proposal during the finale of "Jersey Girl."

Morello -- who joined the band for three songs -- added depth to a politically-charged set that included "Death to My Hometown," "Youngstown," "Jack of All Trades," "American Skin (41 Shots)," and "The Ghost of Tom Joad." Before introducing "Youngstown," Springsteen addressed the current presidential election as "the ugliest I've ever seen."

The Freehold native once again was joined by a string section for the show opener, "New York City Serenade." In a poignant moment, Springsteen dedicated "My City of Ruins" to the earthquake victims in Italy. The evening also had a special guest in attendance-Springsteen's mom, Adele.

Thursday's show shattered his previous U.S. record set on Tuesday night (Aug. 23) of 3:52 and 35 songs. He has one more date to make New Jersey proud and beat his all time-record which he set in Helsinki, Finland, clocking in at 4:05 on July 31, 2012.

Bruce Springsteen Manager Jon Landau Talks 'The River' Tour, Forthcoming 'Expansive' Solo Album

In other Springsteen news, the 66-year old rocker gave fans a glimpse of his forthcoming book, Born to Run:Chapter and Verse, on Twitter. Springsteen shared a short video that flips through the pages of the memoir -- momentarily slowing down to showcase the chapters.

Setlist from MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey, Aug. 25:

New York City Serenade
Prove it All Night
Night
No Surrender
Wrecking Ball
Sherry Darling
Spirit in the Night
My City of Ruins
Waitin’ on a Sunny Day
Darkness on the Edge of Town
Lost in the Flood
Hungry Heart
Out in the Street
Death to My Hometown (with Tom Morello)
Youngstown
Jack of All Trades
American Skin (41 Shots) (with Tom Morello)
The Promised Land
Cadillac Ranch
I’m a Rocker
Tougher Than the Rest
Because the Night
The Rising
The Ghost of Tom Joad (with Tom Morello)
Badlands

Encore:
Backstreets
Born to Run
Dancing in the Dark
Rosalita (Come out Tonight)
Tenth Avenue Freeze Out
Shout
Thunder Road
Jersey Girl

What's also hot are the five previously unreleased tunes coming out next month in connection with the book. The Steel Mill song He's Guilty fucking cooks. I'm curious how it will sound with an official release.

Cool to see Morello's still around. That was a definite highlight of the shows I saw. No offence to the Little Steven fans around here but I he was amazing.

Everyone who got to attend one of these three amazing shows lucked out. And he's rushing the mixingof the show recordings and issuing them as a 3 show package on his web site on September 12th

Night 1
3:53
1. New York City Serenade (with strings)
2. Wrecking Ball
3. Badlands
4. Something In The Night
5. The Ties That Bind
6. Sherry Darling
7. Spirit In The Night
8. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
9. Independence Day
10. Hungry Heart
11. Out In The Street
12. Growing Up
13. You Can Look But You Better Not Touch
14. Death To My Hometown
15. Mansion On The Hill
16. JACK OF ALL TRADES (with strings)
17. My Hometown
18. The River
19. American Skin (41 Shots)
20. The Promised Land
21. Working On The Highway
22. Darlington County
23. Because The Night
24. She’s The One
25. Brilliant Disquise
26. The Rising
27. Land Of Hope And Dreams
28. Jungleland
29. Born To Run
30. Dancing In The Dark
31. Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
32. Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
33. Shout
34. Bobby Jean
35. Jersey Girl

Night 2
4:00
1. New York City Serenade
2. Prove It All Night
3. Night
4. No Surrender
5. Wrecking Ball
6. Sherry Darling
7. Spirit in the Night
8. My City of Ruins
9. Waitin’ On a Sunny Day
10. Darkness on the Edge of Town
11. Lost in the Flood
12. Hungry Heart
13. Out in the Street
14. Death to My Hometown w/ Tom Morello
15. Youngstown
16. Jack of All Trades
17. 41 Shots w/ Tom Morello
18. Promised Land
19. Cadillac Ranch
20. I’m a Rocker
21. Tougher Than the Rest
22. Because the Night
23. The Rising
24. The Ghost of Tom Joad w/ Tom Morello
25. Badlands w/ Tom Morello
26. Backstreets
27. Born to Run
28. Dancing in the Dark
29. Rosalita
30. Tenth Avenue Freeze Out
31. Shout
32. Thunder Road
33. Jersey Girl

Night 3
4:01
1. New York City Serenade
2. Blinded By The Light
3. Does This Bus Stop On 82nd Street?
4. It’s Hard to Be a Saint in the City
5. Spirit in the Night
6. Summertime Blues
7. 4th Of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)
8. Kitty’s Back
9. Incident on 57th Street
10. Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
11. PRETTY FLAMINGO
12. Atlantic City
13. I’m Goin’ Down
14. Darlington County
15. Working On The Highway
16. Downbound Train
17. I’m On Fire
18. Hungry Heart
19. Out In The Street
20. LIVING PROOF (dedicated to Evan)
21. Candy’s Room
22. She’s The One
23. Because The Night
24. The Rising
25. Badlands
26. SECRET GARDEN
27. Jungleland
28. Born To Run
29. Dancing In The Dark
30. Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
31. Twist And Shout
32. Glory Days
33. Shout
34. Jersey Girl

Ugh no I don't want him to get killed off by the most emo Sith since teenage Anakin.

Look - I love me some Bruce but frankly I wouldn't make it to the end. Waaaaaay too much of a good thing. 33/34 songs - so 8 or so an hour - that's a lot of endless filler.
If you mean filler as in he extends songs, jams out often, adds a lot of solos... yea, guilty.

If you mean filler in that he talks a lot, takes long encore breaks and extends the show unnaturally... not a all. They never left the stage.

Back
Top Bottom