Springsteen VIII - 2014, tour, album, etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I think I'm gonna try and go to Saturday's show :uhoh:

Sent from my XT1575 using U2 Interference mobile app

Other thing about last night I realized: I'm still not over Clarence passing. At all. Got WAY too emotional too many times.

Other thing about last night I realized: I'm still not over Clarence passing. At all. Got WAY too emotional too many times.

Are they still playing 10th Ave Freeze Out? With the pause and look to the screen after "and the big man joined the band"

The post-"Big Man joined the band" section of the song now contains a lengthy photo montage of Clarence and Danny. They aren't pausing the song anymore. Bruce went out into the crowd during that song, though I'm not sure if he does in every venue.

Are they still playing 10th Ave Freeze Out? With the pause and look to the screen after "and the big man joined the band"

They didnt play it in Hartford. I was much more disappointed in not getting Badlands though. Not much is more fun than Badlands live.

Agreed. I got it both nights.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

i can't complain, i did get thunder road. but badlands with all the house lights on is just this awesome big party. i'm a total sucker for that stuff.

Badlands is great fun, but I mean, pretty much everything Bruce does is fun.

Those 2013 (I think) concerts were so great. Aside from Jungleland and 10th Ave, my greatest memories are of Tom Joad with Tom Morello and the song about a sunny day where he pulled up 5yo kids to sing.

And my dad losing his fucking mind to The River.

The couple in front of me Thursday night left during Born to Run. Not after it was over, but about 2/3 of the way through. They left their $175 seats as 11,000 people had their arms in the air screaming the lyrics along with Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band.

There aren't letters large enough to express the WTF of that moment.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Don't be so judgmental.

Maybe she went into labor. And was one of those tiny, tiny percentage of women who didn't show at all, so you had no idea she was ready to pop! Like those women on "I didn't know I was pregnant" shows. Shit, maybe she didn't even know she was pregnant! And her water broke during Born to Run!

God, that poor woman. :sad:

I love that you created an entire narrative to explain that one away.

Doesn't look like I'll be able to find a ticket for today after all. I'll keep the search alive, but, I'm not about to have U2 5 all over again :no:

I was going to come up with a whole bunch of unlikely reasons they would leave early. But then that one just ran away from me. ;-)

Hipster on the train to the Portland show offered some helpful advice about cutting out of the show 15 minutes early to save myself some time. Thanks, dude.

Is that something you start to do if you go to shows a lot? I only go to 7-8 concerts of anyone's per year so I go all in on those nights.

I don't leave a show early unless I hate it. Certainly not a Soringsteen show to 'save time.' A friend left a U2 show during One for a cigarette long before One became tiresome which is when I decided I'd rather see my favorite artists alone.

I hope once the lights go down I will no longer feel like I'm at a GOP convention. This has got to be the oldest, whitest audience I've ever been seated in. On the up side, I'm feeling super young and attractive.

Last edited:
:lol:

I've left a few concerts early in the past.

Bob Dylan at Bumbershoot - there was something about the crowd that made me hate it and feel super uncomfortable. I hung in the back for another half hour and then said "There, I can say I've seen him. I'm going now."

Indigo Girls at the zoo last summer - I got bored and I was sad about that. :(

PS I get to have dinner with joyful Thursday night before the Bruce show AND YOU DON'T! :rockon:

wtf moment tonight: my entire section sat down, seemingly en masse, when Because the Night started.

Back
Top Bottom