Springsteen VI ~ A Dream Awaits in Aisle Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
martha said:
^Where the hell have you been, young lady?

Kinda busy lately. Moving and changing shifts at work at the beginning of the month, and getting that stuff going has been a pain in the ass. Or really, I've just been spending all my time at the computer playing the new star wars game, leaving the iPad at home when I go into work in favor of reading books/listening to tunes. :shifty:

I think it was when the cheating story came out that Patti supposedly fell off a horse, and that's why she left the tour. Not that it matters, and maybe she really did. Everyone says she's very nice, but yes her singing can bring you down :wink:

Not as bad as Yoko, but yeah. Sorry Bruce.

NEWARK — The Boss is coming to Brick City.

Bruce Springsteen kicks off his 2012 world tour later this year in Spain. But before he takes to the road in May for Europe, he’s apparently first hitting Jersey.

Details of the performance dates have yet to be released. However, sources close to the negotiations say Springsteen and the E Street Band have signed a concert deal to perform for the first time ever in Newark — with a date at the Prudential Center for some time in late April or early May.

The sources are not authorized to speak publicly.

Those same sources said Springsteen also signed deals for two shows at the Izod Center in East Rutherford and one show at Madison Square Garden before leaving for Europe.
Officials for the venues all declined comment. A spokeswoman for Springsteen said there is no information on the "gigs" at this time.

News of the Newark show was first reported today on NJ.com, the online home of The Star-Ledger.

Springsteen’s forthcoming album, "Wrecking Ball" — whose title track was written for the last concert at Giant Stadium before it was demolished — is to be released March 6. The lyrics of the song include the line: "Now my home was here in the Meadowlands..."
To many, Springsteen’s home had indeed been the Meadowlands. The Izod Center hosted Springsteen for numerous tours — and through several arena name changes — including six sold-out shows that opened the state-owned facility, then known as the Brendan Byrne Arena, in July 1981.

He last played the Meadowlands in 2009, with five shows in Giants Stadium before it was knocked down to make way for the new stadium where the Giants and Jets now play.
Contracts recently released under court order showed Springsteen enjoyed a cozy relationship with the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority, which operates the Meadowlands. The authority acted as promoter for his shows, assuming the cost of renting arena because it knew that Springsteen always sells out in New Jersey, guaranteeing a big payout in concession and parking revenues.

But now, Springsteen is set for his first performance in the state’s largest city, with at least one show at the Pru Center — known at the Rock — which opened in downtown Newark near Penn Station in 2007 and serves as home to the New Jersey Devils. With a repertoire that includes many references to the North Jersey industrial skyline and the swamps of Jersey, he has one song that would play well at Prudential — "A Night with the Jersey Devil."

The 62-year-old has not toured since his "Working on a Dream" tour" ended in November 2009.

With the release of the new album, Springsteen had already announced his tour with the E Street Band will open on May 13 in Seville, Spain. It includes 31 shows in 26 European cities, through July 31 at Olympic Stadium in Helsinki, Finland.

Although he has yet to give details of any dates in the United States, the Chicago Sun-Times last week cited sources within the Chicago Cubs who reported Springsteen was tentatively scheduled to perform at Wrigley Field in September.

"Info on the U.S. dates and the world tour dates will coming up shortly," is all his website has said.

Earlier this month, Springsteen played unannounced, but not unanticipated, at a fundraising concert for the Light Of Day Festival at the Paramount Theatre in Asbury Park.

The tour and new album by the Jersey rocker, which will feature 11 new songs, will be the first since the death last year of saxophonist Clarence Clemons, who died from complications from a massive stroke in June.

Would try for MSG first (if true), but it would be great if he did the Pru, much prefer there to the Izod Center. Would also be nice if he played the new Barclays Center in the Fall... :shifty:

if his usual routine holds, i imagine he'll do a few arena shows here in the states, mostly on the east coast, before heading off to europe, and then will return to the US in mid to late summer to do stadiums.

on cue...

US Tour Dates
March 18 - Atlanta, GA - Philips Arena (on sale Feb 4)
March 19 - Greensboro, NC - Greensboro Coliseum (on sale Feb 3)
March 23 - Tampa, FL - Tampa Bay Times Forum (on sale Jan 28)
March 26 - Boston, MA - TD Garden (on sale Jan 28)
March 28 - Philadelphia, PA - Wells Fargo Center (on sale Jan 28)
March 29 - Philadelphia, PA - Wells Fargo Center (on sale Jan 28)
April 1 - Washington, DC - Verizon Center (on sale Jan 28)
April 3 - East Rutherford, NJ - Izod Center (on sale Jan 27)
April 4 - East Rutherford, NJ - Izod Center (on sale Jan 27)
April 6 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden (on sale Jan 27)
April 9 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden (on sale Jan 27)
April 12 - Detroit, MI - The Palace of Auburn Hills (on sale Jan 28)
April 13 - Buffalo, NY - First Niagara Center (on sale Jan 28)
April 16 - Albany, NY - Times Union Center (on sale Jan 28)
April 17 - Cleveland, OH - Quicken Loans Arena (on sale Jan 28)
April 24 - San Jose, CA - HP Pavilion (on sale Feb 3)
April 26 - Los Angeles, CA - Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena (on sale Feb 3)
April 29 - New Orleans, LA - New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival (on sale now)
May 2 - Newark, NJ - Prudential Center (on sale Jan 27)

Crap, I am out of town for all the NYC (and Izod, and Philly, and nearly everything in the Northeast in March/April) dates, this has been happening way too often. I guess I will HAVE to focus my energies on a Newark ticket. :)

Hmmm. He is going to Jazz Fest, which I might be attending this year. It's on the Sunday night, though, and I'm not sure that Sunday is in the plans for that trip. Hmmm.

Hopefully he slips one in in April. There are some pretty big gaps there.

I don't know. If there was going to be a Chicago date, why not just release it when the first official tour schedule is announced? I don't think it looks too good for a Chicago show on this leg.

It does leave the door open for a potential headlining spot at Lollapalooza. He's never done that festival before, so I could see it being a draw. And it takes place the week after he finishes in Europe. Could explain skipping Chicago in this early trek.

I'm not super-knowledgable in this area, but I don't think it's entirely uncommon for tours to add several more dates after the initial announcement. Remember the Vertigo ticket sales in 2005? I seem to recall lots of new dates popping up right after the initial sales had begun. I was trying to get Boston and Chicago tickets while all of the sudden new dates were appearing.

I'm not super-knowledgable in this area, but I don't think it's entirely uncommon for tours to add several more dates after the initial announcement. Remember the Vertigo ticket sales in 2005? I seem to recall lots of new dates popping up right after the initial sales had begun. I was trying to get Boston and Chicago tickets while all of the sudden new dates were appearing.

It happens. But often it's just additional shows at the same venue in the same city. I don't know, I just don't have a very good gut feeling about them adding a Chicago date in the middle of this first leg.

And Wrigley Field can suck my balls. I am NOT popping my Springsteen concert cherry at that fucking piss and shithouse.

The only realistic spot for a Chicago date is April 18-23, when he's heading west from Cleveland.

But yeah, Wrigley. Like it or not.

GirlsAloudFan said:
Where have you heard these Wrigley rumors?

The Tribune and Sun-Times. The latter cited the Cubs, who are on the road on the date they gave, which I can't remember now. And now there's no April date?

UC only has a couple of Bulls games booked in late April. Allstate Arena looks like it's empty. I would think he'd pick one of those two if this is basically an arena tour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom