Springsteen VI ~ A Dream Awaits in Aisle Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone who was disappointed with the last album (although there are definitely keepers on there, like Outlaw Pete), I'm kind of surprised at myself for liking this. It doesn't really bring anything new to the table, it's got a lot of the same latter-day Springsteen themes and feels regurgitated in a way, but fuck it - I like it.

I bet it will be killer live.

On first listen, I like it too.

It seems like maybe "Wrecking Ball" itself would have been a better choice for lead single, though. I don't know.

Queen of the Supermarket is my least favorite Springsteen song, and I've heard Human Touch. I could call it an abortion, but that wouldn't be offensive enough. It's more of a holocaust.

I think I've mentioned this a couple times, but no one responded.

Is there anyone who feels the album version of Racing In The Street is better than the version on The Promise? Because the way the latter kicks in, it just blows the one on Darkness out of the water.

It really bugs me that he went with that one for posterity.

And now the track listing has shown up over in Europe, with a couple of tracks we will all recognize.

1. We Take Care of Our Own
2. Easy Money
3. Shackled and Drawn
4. Jack of All Trades
5. Death To My Hometown
6. This Depression
7. Wrecking Ball
8. You’ve Got It
9. Rocky Ground
10. Land of Hope and Dreams
11. We Are Alive
12. Swallowed Up (Bonus track)
13. American Land (Bonus track)

Is this a confirmed rumor? I'm skeptical of a tracklisting showing two previously released tracks. Even as a bonus track. (Yes, I'm counting Land of Hope even if it was just released live.)

corianderstem said:
Is this a confirmed rumor? I'm skeptical of a tracklisting showing two previously released tracks. Even as a bonus track. (Yes, I'm counting Land of Hope even if it was just released live.)

U2 - SOLARRRR

1. Mercy (finally!!!! Acoustic though)
2. Treason (starring Dr. Dre)
3. Larry Stuck Me In A Concentration Cramp For Using A Minor Chord
4. Thank You For The Day
5. One Bird
6. The Sacred Heart In Malibu
7. Sexy Boots
8. You Can't Give Away Your Heart
9. In Cold Blood
10. Winter
11. Mercy (ELECTRIC)
Bonus Track in some places: (Stop) The Poverty

Release Date: NOW

corianderstem said:

That's what is listed on iTunes...

I'm guessing there are a couple of older tracks so Danny and Clarence can officially be on the album, but I don't know.

yes... it's on iTunes for pre-order with that confirmed

to be fair, none of the previously released songs have ever been released as studio tracks, only live versions

Thanks. I think American Land is just about the best thing since sliced bread, I just thought it was odd to have older tracks on there.

I had no idea this was coming out so quickly! Very cool. Hope tour dates are close behind.

Listened to the track ... it's okay. I didn't love it, didn't hate it. Happy to have something new from him.

U2 - SOLARRRR

1. Mercy (finally!!!! Acoustic though)
2. Treason (starring Dr. Dre)
3. Larry Stuck Me In A Concentration Cramp For Using A Minor Chord
4. Thank You For The Day
5. One Bird
6. The Sacred Heart In Malibu
7. Sexy Boots
8. You Can't Give Away Your Heart
9. In Cold Blood
10. Winter
11. Mercy (ELECTRIC)
Bonus Track in some places: (Stop) The Poverty

Release Date: NOW

I gots to get to a record store stat!!

It probably wasn't a good idea to listen to Tunnel of Love before the new single. The lyrics blow so hard in comparison. I scratched my eyes out when he started naming cities and stadiums out of nowhere.

I'm liking the tune though. Way too overproduced to be the "angriest Bruce yet," but I thought his vocal communicated that whole pissed off American guy thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom