Springsteen VI ~ A Dream Awaits in Aisle Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not having ever seen Bruce before, I agree with that.

That stage is going to look empty without Clarence on it, but maybe I won't notice.

WeTakeCare.jpg

Tom Morello also appears on the new album

Ahhh, shit.

I got way ahead of myself and assumed that what headache posted was the album cover, and that the single released tomorrow was the title track off of the album.

Apparently the song is just called "We Take Care Of Our Own" and there has been no official album title or album cover announcement yet? Damn. I feel silly.

Just read an article that said the album might be called Wrecking Ball. Does anybody know anything about this?

Emmylou is not amused.

41X89E6KQKL_SL500_AA300_.jpg

Nah, I haven't heard anything about it. that's just what I think of when I hear "wrecking ball." Pick something not already aligned with an amazing album, Bruce!

I remembered something about Bruce in connection with "Wrecking Ball", but couldn't pinpoint what it was. Google search turns up it being a new song he was playing in 2009.

Nah, I haven't heard anything about it. that's just what I think of when I hear "wrecking ball." Pick something not already aligned with an amazing album, Bruce!

Yeah, I thought the same thing.

It could be kind of a nod to Emmylou, though. Sort of a winking thing, saying "you made this awesome album decades into your career called Wrecking Ball, and I will too."

I'm sure he's keenly aware of the Emmylou album. Also, I just saw that piece of information on some random article that came up on Google, so it could be complete bullshit.

And now the track listing has shown up over in Europe, with a couple of tracks we will all recognize. Looks like a 3/5 release date for Europe, so 3/6 for the U.S. most likely.

1. We Take Care of Our Own
2. Easy Money
3. Shackled and Drawn
4. Jack of All Trades
5. Death To My Hometown
6. This Depression
7. Wrecking Ball
8. You’ve Got It
9. Rocky Ground
10. Land of Hope and Dreams
11. We Are Alive
12. Swallowed Up (Bonus track)
13. American Land (Bonus track)

Nice to see Bruce using "land" in two titles, and "hometown" in another. It's like "colors" and "kneel" for Boner.

Also, "Death To My Hometown" sounds a little too close to "My City of Ruins".

Rhyming "ball" with "balls"?

C'mon, Bruce, you can do better than that. I like the song, though. Thanks for posting. I hadn't heard that before.

Holy shit. I'm overwhelmed with new Bruce stuff right now. I need to take a cold shower or something.

Album title, album cover, track list, and lead single all pop up in the span of like 20 minutes? I feel like that doesn't usually happen.

corianderstem said:
Emmylou is not amused.

Neil Young wrote the title track anyway. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom