Springsteen VI ~ A Dream Awaits in Aisle Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lost In The Flood
Incident On 57th Street
Rosalita
New York City Serenade
Backstreets
Born To Run
Jungleland
Badlands
Racing In The Street
The River
The Price You Pay
Loose Ends
Atlantic City
Downbound Train
Shut Out The Light

Only a day later, and already I would probably add a different song - Missing. I knew I was forgetting something. Don't know what it would replace though.

Last ''Tonight Show'' With Conan O'Brien Guests
The last Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien guests were scheduled to include comedian Will Ferrell, actor Tom Hanks and musical guest Neil Young.6 Conan's final episode was set to air on the same night as the 2-hour-long special Hope for Haiti telethon which will air on multiple channels including NBC. The telethon begins at 8:00 p.m. EST and will be broadcast live.7 RollingStone.com speculated that Conan O'Brien's show may be pushed back to air later if the concert/telethon runs later than expected.
Neil, no Bruce.

Did anyone see Bruce last night on "Spectacle with Elvis Costello" on the Sundance Channel? It was glorious! It left the U2 episode in the dust. And the best part is it's a two-parter, and Part II is next week.

Did anyone see Bruce last night on "Spectacle with Elvis Costello" on the Sundance Channel? It was glorious! It left the U2 episode in the dust. And the best part is it's a two-parter, and Part II is next week.

I didn't know about it :angry: I don't even know when that show is on, I watched the U2 one On Demand

Bruce in St Barts a few weeks ago..just like to update the ladies on where he vacations

4273789799_cf89740525_o.jpg

Oh no, the picture disappeared. I'll have to find another version.

If anyone wants to download it the Eddie Vedder version of My City of Ruins from the Kennedy Center is on iTunes as part of a Haiti benefit

If this disappears then (Martha) you can just Google it yourself :D

FP_4353838_PIS_Springsteen_Bruce_EX.jpg

FP_4353821_PIS_Springsteen_Bruce_EX.jpg

Why would you think that? He probably just thought it was an appropriate song for the event.

**don't get me wrong - I would be first in line if he did something with the Seeger Sessions Band again.

^^^ No, no, no I would be first in line. Last time I was in bed w/ a broken leg while my friend enjoyed and then raved about the concert. The best thing about that night for me was the vicodin.
Bought the Eddie Vedder version of My City Of Ruins ~ SO good :up:

Ok, so, late to the party, but I tried tonight to make a top 15...I couldn't, so here's a top 20. Let me preface it though, because I don't you're all going to find it ridiculous when you see it. My relationship with Springsteen has grown quickly in the last year or two, almost as quickly as my relationship with U2. I'd been aware of his music for most of my life, as a small child the "Born to Add" song from Sesame Street was a great favorite of mine (though I found it amusing to discover years later that it's actually "Jungleland" they use for the music, and not "Born to Run"), and on the other hand, I've almost always despised the song "Hungry Heart". That's just how things go, I suppose. Anyways, over time, I collected a single here or there, but never really had much of an interest in persuing his work further. Then, one day, I decided to listen to "Radio Nowhere". I can not now remember whether I had yet heard Born to Run, but I believe I had not. Regardless, when I heard "Radio Nowhere" I was swept up into a bit of crazed emotion, and, zooropa aside (which I only bought out of pressure from some members of Interference) I bought my first album from iTunes. Magic would go on to drop from my favorite albums lists, but at the time, it was kind of my entire musical life, and then, that Christmas, I was given the Born to Run 30th Anniversary box set, and I've never looked back, so to speak. At any rate, it was far too difficult to really decide on any top 15 or 20, but I tried. This list is...ridiculous, I realize, it's probably incredibly pretentious as well, but these are the things I love, and so much more.

1.) I'm on Fire
2.) Born to Run
3.) Atlantic City
4.) Downbound Train
5.) Radio Nowhere
6.) Brilliant Disguise
7.) Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
8.) Trapped
9.) For You
10.) Born in the U.S.A.
11.) Streets of Philadelphia
12.) Shut Out the Light
13.) Devils & Dust
14.) Thunder Road
15.) Lonesome Day
16.) If I Should Fall Behind
17.) Devil's Arcade
18.) One Step Up
19.) Two Hearts
20.) American Land

Why would you think that? He probably just thought it was an appropriate song for the event.

**don't get me wrong - I would be first in line if he did something with the Seeger Sessions Band again.

Ah yeah just a hunch really, the song is very suitable and appropriate alright, its just I been thinking now that the E Street Band are taking a break for a while, that Bruce will want to keep the momentum going, I missed out on tickets for the Seeger Session shows so I guess more than anything its wishful thinking.

from Spectacle.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBgzP3WaN5Y&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQABSZxjkBE&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WalZfJJyUsI&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwiNHX5Qc80&feature=player_embedded

My list of the moment:

1. Atlantic City
2. Jungleland
3. Backstreets
4. Out On The Street
5. Born To Run
6. Tenth Avenue Freeze Out
7. Badlands
8. The Rising
9. Thunder Road
10. Born In The USA (Live from MSG DVD stripped-down version)
11. She's The One
12. Spirit in the Night
13. Promised Land
14. You're Missing
15. Empty Sky
16. The River
17. Racing In The Street
18. American Land
19. Tunnel of Love
20. Lost In The Flood
21. Devil's Arcade
22. Streets of Philadelphia
23. The Ghost of Tom Joad
24. Human Touch
25. Lonesome Day

Just missing the cut:

Hungry Heart
Cadillac Ranch
Prove It All Night
It's Hard To Be A Saint In The City
My City of Ruins
Incident on 57th Street (solo)
Youngstown
Further On (Up The Road) -- the Live in Dublin version
Old Dan Tucker
One Step Up
Brilliant Disguise
Tougher Than The Rest

What an incredible catalog of songs he has.

completely forgot about it :down:

Did anyone see Bruce last night on "Spectacle with Elvis Costello" on the Sundance Channel? It was glorious! It left the U2 episode in the dust.

I watched part one last night, and I agree-much better than the U2 show. I don't know if it's the fact that Bruce seemed much more comfortable or it's just other reasons-but it was just awesome and I could listen to him talk about his music forever. I can't wait to watch part two.

I loved that song at the end with Elvis and Bruce (Can't Stand Up For Falling Down-the video is ^). I wish they would put that on iTunes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom