Springsteen VI ~ A Dream Awaits in Aisle Two - Page 59 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 03:09 AM   #871
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:00 PM

Old 01-28-2012, 10:09 AM   #872
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:00 PM
alright. going to the boston show. woohooo.

Old 01-28-2012, 10:12 AM   #873
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop Artist View Post
Ticketmaster: Scalper attack jammed web traffic during Springsteen ticket sales | NJ.com

That's exactly what it felt like and I thought it must've been this morning when it was impossible to get anything on TM. Nevertheless, I did manage to get through for a Newark ticket when I refreshed right when TM rebooted after crashing shortly before noon. But oy, what a hassle!
and i was annoyed enough that it took me 10 minutes of cursing out ticketmaster to get mine. i would have probably slaughtered a couple goats in hopes of appeasing the ticket gods had i'd had that.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:12 AM   #874
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
And I have to be in church with my kid at precisely 10AM Saturday for his first confession...shouldn't the Catholic Church check these things before scheduling stuff?
If I had known I could/would have tried for you. You should have asked Two ticket limit for GA and I thought the GA would be paperless but apparently it isn't? Or that's another TM screwup? That's really not logical, I would think of all sections to be paperless to prevent scalping GA would be it.

Too bad he couldn't add a date but Fri is the only open date there and he'd have to come back from PA.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:46 PM   #875
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
If I had known I could/would have tried for you. You should have asked Two ticket limit for GA and I thought the GA would be paperless but apparently it isn't? Or that's another TM screwup? That's really not logical, I would think of all sections to be paperless to prevent scalping GA would be it.

Too bad he couldn't add a date but Fri is the only open date there and he'd have to come back from PA.
I had a friend try and fail...not sure how strong an effort he put in.
I will hopefully find a release.
Did you get GA or seats?

Curious what sections were paperless. GA would make sense but I assume they had to limit the number of paperless tix so as not to have a logistical nightmare getting folks in on show night and GA folks are gonna line up ahead of time depending on what he's doing system-wise this time out for admission.

I assume sections like 13, 14, 21 and 22 are paperless, but wonder just how many were paperless.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:48 AM   #876
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop Artist View Post
Ticketmaster: Scalper attack jammed web traffic during Springsteen ticket sales | NJ.com

That's exactly what it felt like and I thought it must've been this morning when it was impossible to get anything on TM. Nevertheless, I did manage to get through for a Newark ticket when I refreshed right when TM rebooted after crashing shortly before noon. But oy, what a hassle!
Waiting for an apology to be made by Larry Mullen Jr at this years Grammys.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:23 AM   #877
Blue Crack Distributor

time to browse the interweb message boards and wait for ticket drops
Old 01-30-2012, 08:45 AM   #878
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
I had a friend try and fail...not sure how strong an effort he put in.
I will hopefully find a release.
Did you get GA or seats?

Curious what sections were paperless. GA would make sense but I assume they had to limit the number of paperless tix so as not to have a logistical nightmare getting folks in on show night and GA folks are gonna line up ahead of time depending on what he's doing system-wise this time out for admission.

I assume sections like 13, 14, 21 and 22 are paperless, but wonder just how many were paperless.
I got GA. At this point I prefer it to seats just because I can escape certain people in seats and I'm not stuck there, and I can escape them in GA too. Hopefully he will do it like last time and you don't have to wait around all day. I don't even know what sections were paperless, they just said certain reserved sections. It was just no ticketfast for GA, they're mailing them. I'm sure ACE ticket got a ton of them.

I remember last tour I met a father and daughter who got their GA from the ACE ticket across the street that day and the guy told me they weren't that expensive, he didn't say how much. I loathe the idea of buying them that way but if all else fails.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:39 PM   #879
Blue Crack Supplier

i couldn't get ticketmaster to come up with anything other than crappy behind the stage crap, because ticketmaster hates me. but honestly, i'll take craptastic seats over no seats. it's still springsteen. i'm afraid to try to do GA again. i'm never going to luck out number-wise in line like i did last time, and i'm sure i'll wind up in the pocket of suckitude, unable to get somewhere in the crowd where the non-lame people are. and that will just be even more disappointing. at least i know my seats suck beforehand, and expect that the people around me will as well. at least i know my mom and brother will be rocking out with me. yeah, i'm so cool.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:00 PM   #880
She's the One

Local Time: 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasBored View Post
somewhere in the crowd where the non-lame people are.
Unfortunately, this is getting more difficult at Springsteen shows.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:22 PM   #881
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
Unfortunately, this is getting more difficult at Springsteen shows.

if i'm near the kinds of asshats who were on the train back to where i'd parked my car after the show on what i think was the magic tour, i may punch somebody. "i did the adult thing and sat down during most of the songs." "they played too many songs no one knew." them's fighting words.

i liked the guy standing in front of me in hartford on the floor. he checked out of the hospital AMA after having a heart attack earlier in the week because he had already missed 2 show, but said there was no way he was missing another. that guy is the man.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:36 PM   #882
ONE
love, blood, life

I'm always surprised by the love for Springsteen on this board. I don't know one person who likes him. I think it's a 'merican thing
Old 01-30-2012, 07:40 PM   #883
ONE
love, blood, life

Oh, I didn't mean to come in here to poop on everyone's parade. I thought I was in the Random thread.... Sorry..... I'll be in the menstruation thread if anyone needs me
Old 01-30-2012, 08:02 PM   #884
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
I'm always surprised by the love for Springsteen on this board. I don't know one person who likes him. I think it's a 'merican thing
Have you listened to his '70s albums?

If you've listened to the albums he made in the 1970s, there would be no logical reason for you to be at all "surprised" by anybody loving the Boss.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:04 PM   #885
ONE
love, blood, life

I will only discuss it in the random thread because I think it's douchey to barge into artist specific threads and trash them unless it's avril lavigne

Tags
bruce springsteen