Springsteen VI ~ A Dream Awaits in Aisle Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect that is true

the arena shows I saw in the 90s, left feeling sad for how far they had fallen from the small venue shows when I first saw him and the E Street Band.
The first time I saw them, they only had 3 LPs, Born to Run, - The Wild, the Innocent and the E Street Shuffle, - Greetings From Asbury Park. They played 3+ hours back then. Those albums plus Darkness on the Edge of Town are in my opinion his best.

I have some great pictures up in my attic, I should dig them out.

yeah, just looking at his albums, I really only like the first 4 or 5 a whole lot, I have all those on vinyl and played them hundreds of times. The digital music does suck the very soul and pleasure out music, Neil Young is right.
I probably caught 25-30 live shows between 76 and 83, those big outdoor shows just killed it for me, plus he became the thing he despised, commercial.

I expect that is true

the arena shows I saw in the 90s, left feeling sad for how far they had fallen from the small venue shows when I first saw him and the E Street Band.
The first time I saw them, they only had 3 LPs, Born to Run, - The Wild, the Innocent and the E Street Shuffle, - Greetings From Asbury Park. They played 3+ hours back then. Those albums plus Darkness on the Edge of Town are in my opinion his best.

I have some great pictures up in my attic, I should dig them out.

perhaps he saves his best shows for the east coast and special occasions now... but every bruce show i've ever been to, and i only started going on the rising tour, have been over 3 hours, with the exception of one show at MSG on the magic tour, which clocked in at around 2:45.

and the majority of the shows i've seen him do have been in stadiums :shrug:

I tuned in late and missed it, seeing what he has become only diminishes my many memories of how great he once was.

Are you for real? :doh: Any performer would love to age like The Boss has. He was in fine form last night during his performance.

it pales compared to what I saw in the 70s and early 80s

i've seen him 4 times.

3 of those 4 times i'd agree with you. he'd clock in on average between 2:30 and 2:45.

i saw him in Baltimore on 11/20/09, he played for 3hrs22min.

it pales compared to what I saw in the 70s and early 80s

Are you like you were in the 70's or early 80's? I didn't see him then so I don't know..but as a live performer he kicks butt and for me there's just no one like him. Not even U2.

Rumor is he might be playing Fenway August 11th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom