Springsteen VI ~ A Dream Awaits in Aisle Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well then I shall get on that in a few days. Any suggestions while we're waiting? Specifically, it seems to be kind of a waste of time to do b-sides and the like? At least Bruce doesn't have any really super unpopular albums, so that's a plus

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It’s a love story that started 24 years ago when you played at S. Siro Stadium in Milan for the first time. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"I remember that show pretty well."[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Last time that we met, we recalled your second concert at S. Siro, in 2003…[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Yeah. After a couple of songs it started to rain very heavily, and we thought that we had to stop because of the lightning. But none of you 60,000 crazy Italians moved, so we continued to play and the result was one of the five most amazing shows of my entire career."[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Talking about Italy, Sergio Leone, a film director that exerted a big influence on your work, died exactly 20 years ago. The first track of Working on a Dream, "Outlaw Pete," reminds me of the atmosphere of the soundtrack of The Good, The Bad and the Ugly… [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
"It was a little homage," he laughs. "I had a cowboy song and I said I got to dress this up with a little bit of Ennio Morricone's style. They were fabulous movies, and of course Ennio is one of the greatest composers for film in the world. He made an incredible body of work. A lovely man, I had the honor of meeting him a couple of times."
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]* * * [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Show time is near. But I want to know about Bruce’s future releases. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In the last couple of years you wrote some solo stuff… [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"I’m always writing,” he laughs. "I write all the time." [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Will it be your next project? [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"I don't know. I think that the E Street Band will probably take a rest for a little while. But it all will happen again. We're lifers, we're gonna go on forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..." ([/FONT]SWEET!)

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What about the Darkness box set? [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Oh yeah, that's something we're working on. We take it slow and try to put something together that would be nice for fans." [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Bruce, before we finish… We were talking about requests. Can I do mine? [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Sure." [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I would love to hear "Once Upon a Time in the West" while you are entering on stage in Rome, like you have done a couple of times in the past. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Okay, let me write it down and see what we can do! Take care, my friend."[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]VANITY FAIR ITALY 17.06.2009

©2009 LEONARDO COLOMBATI / EDIZIONI CONDé NAST S.P.A
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- July 19, 2009

Need I say the request was granted!
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"I don't know. I think that the E Street Band will probably take a rest for a little while. But it all will happen again. We're lifers, we're gonna go on forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..." ([/FONT]

That was a given. You knew there wouldn't be three E Street releases in a row.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What about the Darkness box set? [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Oh yeah, that's something we're working on. We take it slow and try to put something together that would be nice for fans." [/FONT]

As long as it is still in the pipeline, I'm happy.

Bruce people, I need your help. Who here has been the the rock and roll hall of fame and seen the Bruce exhibit on the top 2 floors?

On the upper most floor there is a performance video being shown and I want to know:

a) what is it
2.) where can I find it?

anyone???

thanks!!

Bruce people, I need your help. Who here has been the the rock and roll hall of fame and seen the Bruce exhibit on the top 2 floors?

On the upper most floor there is a performance video being shown and I want to know:

a) what is it
2.) where can I find it?

anyone???

thanks!!

Just saw this now.

I believe you saw a video of Rosalita, one that is not available. At least not yet, anyway.

There is a strong rumor that this video is part of the forthcoming Darkness box set that is apparently due later this year.

When the Springsteen exhibit first opened, Thom Zimmy (who worked on the Born To Run set) was on hand to show that video for the first time (it had never been seen before). When someone asked him if this was going to be from the show that will be included in the Darkness box, he played dumb and didn't give a real answer.

The show in question is from The Summit in Houston, August 12, 1978. Supposedly The Summit had a state-of-the-art multi-cam system in place back then, and this show was professionally recorded. If this is indeed the show they are considering, here's what the setlist would be:

Badlands
Streets Of Fire
It's Hard To Be A Saint In The City
Darkness On The Edge Of Town
Spirit In The Night
Independence Day
The Promised Land
Prove It All Night
Racing In The Street
Thunder Road
Jungleland
The Ties That Bind
Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
The Fever
Fire
Candy's Room
Because The Night
Point Blank
Mona/She's The One
Backstreets
Rosalita
Born To Run
Detroit Medley
Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
You Can't Sit Down

A typically fantastic Darkness set. The question would be if the performance is on par with the most well known bootlegs from this tour. If it is, we could be in for a real treat.

First Gig of the Last Leg....

August 19, 2009
Hartford, Connecticut
Comcast Theatre

Sherry Darling
Badlands
Out In The Street
Outlaw Pete
Spirit In The Night
Working On A Dream
Seeds
Johnny 99
Murder Incorporated
Something In The Night
Raise Your Hand
Mountain Of Love
Sha La La La
I'm On Fire
Be True
My Love Will Not Let You Down
Waiting On A Sunny Day
The Promised Land
American Skin
Lonesome Day
The Rising
Born To Run
Rosalita
Thunder Road

Hard Times
American Land
Dancing In The Dark
Twist & Shout

Seems Bruce is picking up just where he left off,
Similar Setlist!
Short Encore!

WOW!!!! You were right Phanan!!!!

August 22, 2009
Mansfield, Massachusetts
Comcast Center

Jackson Cage
She's The One
Working On The Highway
Hungry Heart
Outlaw Pete
Badlands
Working On A Dream
Seeds
Johnny 99
Point Blank
Raise Your Hand
Burning Love
For You
Trapped
Waiting On A Sunny Day
The Promised Land
If I Should Fall Behind
Backstreets
Lonesome Day
The Rising
Born To Run
Rosalita
Detroit Medley

Hard Times
American Land
Dancing In The Dark
Born In The USA!!!!! :ohmy::hyper::drool:
Twist & Shout

Ye gotta tell us about the gig!
Must have been incredible!

Incredible, Seems someone told BRUUUUCE about the short encore on the opening gig!!! :wink:

August 23, 2009
Mansfield, Massachusetts
Comcast Center

Night
Badlands
Out In The Street
Outlaw Pete
it's Hard To Be A Saint In The City
Working On A Dream
Murder Incorporated
Johnny 99
Independence Day
Good Lovin'
I'm Going Down
You Never Can Tell
Janey Don't You Lose Heart
Prove It All Night
Waiting On A Sunny Day
The Promised Land
The River
Lonesome Day
The Rising
Born To Run

Girls In Their Summer Clothes
Thunder Road
American Land
Glory Days
Dancing In The Dark
Twist & Shout
Hang On Sloopy
Growin' Up
Hungry Heart

Weird finish, V big surprise! :up:

I went last night, not Saturday night.

On paper, Saturday's setlist looks stronger, but they were on from the first note last night. Very strange encore indeed, but a welcome change.

The undisputed highlight was The River. Of all the shows I've been to, for whatever reason I've always missed this one. Finally got it last night, and it was an amazing performance. And Independence Day was a tour premiere.

A great time all around.

Cool, Glad ye had a good show Phanan! I've been lucky enough to have heard The River twice now! and both times its been epic! As for Independance Day that is still a rare gem I'm waiting to hear! One of my all time Fav Springsteen songs.

August 25, 2009
Saratoga Springs, New York
SPAC

No Surrender
Badlands
Radio Nowhere
Outlaw Pete
Spirit In The Night
Working On A Dream
Rendezvous
Atlantic City
Johnny 99
Summertime Blues
Two Hearts
Surprise Surprise
Because The Night
Waiting On A Sunny Day
The Promised Land
Racing In The Streets
Lonesome Day
The Rising
Born To Run
Rosalita
Girls In Their Summer Clothes
Thunder Road

American Land
Bobby Jean
Dancing In The Dark
Hungry Heart

Another Pretty strange set list, Bruce is really trying to get the summer song vibe across, The main set is fairly amazing, good to see Summertime Blues back! As for the encore it seems pretty weak again no real hard hitters like Glory Days or Born in the USA.

eh...me personally, i could do without glory days,and definitely without born in the usa.

It was pretty cool with Ken Casey the other night.

i was at the other show :sigh: oh well. my kickass floor spot at the hartford show later that week totally made up for missing that (and hearing "i'm going down" and "growing up" at the boston show i did attend nearly made up for missing "thunder road" ). they just don't pay us bambalance drivers enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom