Springsteen VI ~ A Dream Awaits in Aisle Two - Page 36 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 10:33 PM   #526
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:18 PM
Don't forget the "and I'll bring you a t-shirt" at the end
I love it!

Old 09-19-2010, 08:27 AM   #527
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:18 PM
colorado52 and glorydays are going too

Old 10-11-2010, 04:14 PM   #528
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:18 PM
So, I wanted to mention that I watched The Promise, the new Darkness documentary, when it premiered on HBO last week. Pretty fuckin awesome stuff. Intimate studio footage, lots of great moments. Watching it, and getting little glimpses and insights into the songwriting process of such a great artist, is really inspiring.

I watched it with a few of my buddies, all of us play decent guitar and make half-assed attempts at writing songs from time to time, and during and after the movie we kept saying "I really want to write some songs now."

I should have taken notes, but there was a bunch of stuff that I thought was just great. The description of Bruce crafting each song as a sort of "picture" or "image" or creating the album in an almost film-like fashion. And it was accompanied by some cool photographs of the massive landscape of the American west.

Anyway, I thought I'd bump this and see if anybody else saw it and what they thought of it?

Or, we could just talk about anything Bruce. Because that's always fun.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:32 PM   #529
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 01:18 PM
I just watched that last night! I liked it, although not as much as the Born To Run doc (maybe because I like that album more).

I'm waffling on getting the complete box set that's coming out. I don't know that I want the discs of outtakes and stuff, but I do want the concert DVDs. So I guess I'll be shelling out the big bucks for it.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:58 PM   #530
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:18 PM
For some reason, even though BTR is probably my favorite album ever by anybody, I've never seen that documentary for it. Is it pretty similar to the Darkness one, with all the studio footage? I need to track that down online or something, or maybe just buy the damned thing.

I just remembered a moment from the Darkness doc that I really loved. He's talking about this moment he had with his dad, meeting him at work and his dad couldn't hear him because of the sound of the machinery. And then they played the verse from "Factory" that references that. I never knew that song was so personal.

Yeah, the concert DVDs is what I really want from the box set. I can always illegally download the outtakes.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:02 PM   #531
Blue Crack Distributor

It's been a while since I watched the BTR documentary, but I believe it was similar, with interviews and studio footage, that sort of thing.

I should watch it again soon.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:15 PM   #532
Blue Crack Distributor

I passed on watching it so it'd be new when I eventually get the box.

Now I'm sad .
Old 10-12-2010, 05:11 AM   #533
Blue Crack Supplier

i forgot to dvr it. i was just going to watch it, but my direct tv box has died and there were housemates in the living room when it was on. so i wrote down all the other times it's supposedly airing so i can actually set the damn thing for one of them. eventually, i will see it.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:47 PM   #534
Blue Crack Distributor

i should really invest in HBO. i keep telling myself that i'll get it when FiOs comes to my neighborhood, 'cause time warner sucks a big one... but yea, that hasn't happened yet.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:55 PM   #535
Blue Crack Addict

I don't have HBO either, so I haven't seen it yet. Although I know they included some concert footage in it, and the '78 Houston show that is complete with the box is shown. Prove It All Night and The Promised Land are from it.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:41 AM   #536
War Child

Location: looking at the world through Bono's colored glasses
I don't post much but I'm just so excited! My cousin has an extra ticket for me she got in a presale for Joe Grushecky and Bruce at Soldiers & Sailors Hall in Pittsburgh. They are playing 2 dates, Nov. 4th & 5th. The place only holds a bit over 2000 people. The general sale is today on Ticketmaster at 10am if anyone is on here right now. Would have posted sooner but I just found this out.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:51 PM   #537
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmalezi View Post
I don't post much but I'm just so excited! My cousin has an extra ticket for me she got in a presale for Joe Grushecky and Bruce at Soldiers & Sailors Hall in Pittsburgh. They are playing 2 dates, Nov. 4th & 5th. The place only holds a bit over 2000 people. The general sale is today on Ticketmaster at 10am if anyone is on here right now. Would have posted sooner but I just found this out.
Have a good time. That is gonna be a blast!
Old 10-20-2010, 09:31 PM   #538
Blue Crack Supplier

I'm a little surprised that doc hasn't shown up on torrents, unless I'm not searching for it correctly.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:56 AM   #539
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmalezi View Post
Wish they were playing around here - I'd love to see Bruce in such a small venue. Have fun!
Old 10-21-2010, 10:44 AM   #540
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
I'm a little surprised that doc hasn't shown up on torrents, unless I'm not searching for it correctly.
It has been up on Megavideo for a while now. Of course you have to do the whole, watch an hour and then wait an hour and come back and finish it unless you have a subscription, but it is better than nothing.

MEGAVIDEO - I'm watching it

Edit: Weird how that link posted, but I swear it is legit. Just click on the red "play" button. A pop up might appear, but then click on the green "play" arrow and it should work fine.

Tags
bruce springsteen