Springsteen VI ~ A Dream Awaits in Aisle Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So is it a stadium tour then? If he tours Australia I'd love it to be arenas. 4-5 dates per city. I think that would pretty much match his popularity in Australia. Anyone think this is a chance? If stadiums then will it be a GA arrangement?

Rolling Stone says they have heard it will be arenas in the US, don't know about Europe. Their rumor is that US starts in April. Maybe East Coast first and that's why it would be indoors, I don't know. It's all just rumors at this point.

Read it in our national media today. I didn't even know there was a new album on the way. I hope it will be better than his last one, though it sounds like the album will be more or less a vehicle to go on tour. The tour will be a strange thing without Clarence :sad:

More European dates have been announced - but really, I want dates on the other side of the pond! :wink:

13 May - Sevilla, Spain - Estadio Olimpico
17 May - Barcelona, Spain - Estadio Olimpico Lluis Companys
25 May - Frankfurt, Germany - Commerzbank Arena
27 May - Cologne, Germany - Rhein Energie Stadion
28 May - Landgraaf, The Netherlands - Pinkpop Festival
30 May - Berlin, Germany - Olympiastadion
2 June - San Sebastian, Spain - Estadio Anoeta
3 June - Lisbon, Portugal - Rock in Rio
7 June - Milan, Italy - San Siro
10 June - Florence, Italy - Stadio Artemio Franchi
11 June - Trieste, Italy - Stadio Nereo Rocco
17 June - Madrid, Spain - Estadio Santago Bernabeu
19 June - Montpellier, France - Park & Suites Arena
21 June - Sunderland, England - Stadium of Light
22 June - Manchester, England - Etihad Stadium
24 June - Isle of Wight, England - Isle Of Wight Festival
4 July - Paris, France - Palais Omnisports de Paris-Bercy
5 July - Paris, France - Palais Omnisports de Paris-Bercy
7 July - Roskilde, Denmark - Roskilde Festival
9 July - Zurich, Switzerland - Letzigrund Stadion
11 July - Prague, Czech Republic - Synot Tip Arena
12 July - Vienna, Austria - Ernst Happel Stadion
14 July - London, England - Hard Rock Calling
17 July - Dublin, Ireland - RDS Arena
21 July - Oslo, Norway - Valle Hovin
23 July - Bergen, Norway - Koengen
27 July - Gothenburg, Sweden - Ullevi Stadium

http://brucespringsteen.net/news/index.html

Any dates for the rumoured US dates? There are also rumours going on that he will play in Australia around August/September. If this happens I will loose my shit

Bah, those rumors are unacceptable. Nothing in the Pacific Northwest. (I know, I know, it's just rumors right now.)

Don't even want to think about it, but I'm sure whoever it is will be quite talented.

I'll be there. Any word on who'll play sax?

I saw one show of his 1992-1993 tour (the one with the "other" band), and I actually caught it when the band was finally getting their act together. Certainly not E Street levels, but a damn good show regardless. Something like 33 songs that night (saw ZooTV 10 days later - it was a good month).

Anyway, one of the members of that band was Crystal Taliefero, and she pretty much knows how to play any instrument there is. Obviously sax was not a prominent instrument during that tour, but for one song - Born To Run - she'd whip out a small sax and play that solo, and she was great. I'd like to see her added to E Street.

i'd bet on jake clemons... some sort of reformation of the miami horns would have been my first guess, but considering as they're all pretty much committed to doing Conan four nights a week, i doubt that'll happen. it was one thing when just max would leave... but to take the entire band out, i dunno.

One of the most badass moments in Springsteen history has to be the bass line in the pre-chorus of Spirit In The Night. The song is cruising along nicely, being all funky and cool, and then out of nowhere this bass just smacks you in the face. Siiiiick.

I listen to Asbury Park often enough to notice this shit. Probably as much as Born To Run at this point.

hey everyone,

I just watched "Darkness on the Edge of Town" doc and was really blown away by the artistry of Bruce. Great video and better than From the Sky Down. I am just a casual fan but know I feel much more enlightened on his artistic process.

canedge

Not digging the suggestion of electronic percussion. Was Max not significantly involved with this album?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom