Springsteen VI ~ A Dream Awaits in Aisle Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the Nebraska version. You can find it on Tracks.

I have a bootleg of the complete Nebraska tape, which includes acoustic versions of Pink Cadillac, Downbound Train, Working On The Highway (known originally as Child Bride), as well as Born In The USA. It also has the unreleased gem Losin' Kind - great song.

I'd love to see an expanded Nebraska with everything included. Also would love to hear the so-called "Electric Nebraska" versions with E Street.

from brucespringsteen.net

Well, things are starting to heat up down on E Street.

A lot of you have been hearing that Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band will be on tour in 2012. That is absolutely correct. The European dates run from the middle of May until end of July and are being announced this week. Info on the US dates and the World tour dates will coming up shortly.

In addition, we want you to know that the music is almost done (but still untitled), we have almost settled on the release date (but not quite yet), and that we are all incredibly excited about everything that we're planning for 2012. That's all the info we have for right now, but we'll get back to you--real soon

martha said:
This is actually making me kind of excited. I'm sure the record will suck, but I'd love to see him live again.

Hell, even WoAD had three songs on it I loved.

Dates so far:
21 June Sunderland, England Stadium of Light 3 Dec

22 June Manchester, England Etihad Stadium TBA

24 June Isle of Wight, England Isle of Wight Festival 25 Nov

14 July London, England Hard Rock Calling 3 Dec

Last date is when they go on sale.

This is actually making me kind of excited. I'm sure the record will suck, but I'd love to see him live again.

Unlike the last album, which I think was rushed due to the Super Bowl appearance and the clock ticking on Clarence, he's taken some time with this one, and I'm curious to see what kind of direction he goes in here. I'm not sure if there was any studio time with Clarence before he passed, but even so, you'd have to think that because of his absence, perhaps this record will end up being more guitar driven than the last few and head back into more traditional rock territory.

I'm actually surprised he's doing another E Street album so soon. I thought he'd take a few years off from them and release another solo disc first.

Hell, even WoAD had three songs on it I loved.

there are only 3 songs on it that were even memorable enough that i haven't entirely forgotten their names, never mind how they went (and i really only liked one of them). i guess that's really not any worse than human touch, though.

I didn't even read any of the rumors. I guess the US will be after Europe, so not until late next summer/fall? I wish it was next month.

I hope the album will be soon

I should go back and give Dream a few more listens, considering how much I loved its immediate predecessor.

The Wrestler, although I don't even tend to think of it as a song off that album, is probably his best work of that "era."

Outlaw Pete is a bit of a hot mess.

I've always been fond of Tomorrow Never Knows. There are a couple other good tunes there. Not a bad album, by any means.

I'll be seeing him the next time he plays a show in Chicago. You can bet your ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom