Springsteen VI ~ A Dream Awaits in Aisle Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus, so this thing's on tonight? I can't stay up past 9:30 on a school night, and even then I'm feeling it the next day.

It's not even 8 and I'm pissed I have to stay up to get the sheets out of the dryer.

I can relate (well I do stay up until 11, 11:30 on a good night). I wasn't feeling well so I was going to just take a nap so I could stay up to watch it. Next thing I knew it was 7AM. Missed the show. :(

That nighttime show thing is so strange-whenever I travel I can never get used to the odd tv schedule.

:up: nice, that was kickass indeed.

the neil young impression was almost funny. jimmy fallon is still as incredibly unfunny as david spade and needs to be removed from all tv. but i almost laughed there for a minute.

Because The Night was great. Hell, I didn't even mind Save My Love that much, although I would have preferred a different song.

I listened to the remaster a few times last night. Darkness has never sounded better. The thumping bass during Adam Raised A Cain, the slow break in the middle of Something In The Night, and the sheer power that comes off of Streets Of Fire are just a few of the highlights.

A classic reborn.

Darkness has never sounded better. The thumping bass during Adam Raised A Cain, the slow break in the middle of Something In The Night, and the sheer power that comes off of Streets Of Fire are just a few of the highlights.

i'm sold. i need this in my cd player NAO.

I'm waiting for confirmation that my order has shipped from that place back east. I can't believe they're only charging me like $2.50 for shipping. That's insane.

:lol: that actually confused me for a minute, cos i figured jimmy kimmel and jimmy fallon did back to back latenight shows on the same channel and kimmel just joined fallon for a skit/joke. but when i figured it out, i was too pleased with the rockin'ness of because the night that i forgot to make fun of you for it.

:wink:

Damn. That clip kicked serious ass :up: *Is VERY happy to be living in a technological age*.

I must confess, that's the first time I've ever heard Springsteen's version of that song. So far I've only known Patti Smith's and 10,000 Maniacs' versions :reject:. But what a great way to get to know his version. I'll have to check out that episode of Fallon's show at some point, it seems, sounds like it was a good one.

And Bruce does NOT look like he's 61 years old. No way.

Angela

I must confess, that's the first time I've ever heard Springsteen's version of that song. So far I've only known Patti Smith's and 10,000 Maniacs' versions :reject:. But what a great way to get to know his version.

Check out his renditions on his 1978 tour. Those are EPIC!

Check out his renditions on his 1978 tour. Those are EPIC!

Damn. That clip kicked serious ass :up: *Is VERY happy to be living in a technological age*.

I must confess, that's the first time I've ever heard Springsteen's version of that song. So far I've only known Patti Smith's and 10,000 Maniacs' versions :reject:. But what a great way to get to know his version. I'll have to check out that episode of Fallon's show at some point, it seems, sounds like it was a good one.

And Bruce does NOT look like he's 61 years old. No way.

Angela

Here is his version of Because the Night that is released on the box set from 1978.

YouTube - Because The Night (Houston 12/08/78) - Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band

It's phanan's world and we're all just living in it.

I think I like Save My Love. It is very 2000s Bruce, but it's a nice song. Short and sweet.

More later, as I'm on my phone right now, but which not qualifying as a proper "album", The Promise is the best music released this year. By a country mile.

And I'll go one further by saying that this is arguably his most instantly pleasurable set of songs, and I have the utmost respect for Bruce focusing his efforts in a tougher direction to make Darkness instead. Because he could have released two classic pop albums out of all this material, and had what could have been as big as Born in the USA, if not bigger.

Did my hyperbole kill this thread?

Here's more: Ain't Good Enough For You is the catchiest song Bruce ever recorded. If he had saved it for The River, it could easily have accomplished what Hungry Heart (probably his second catchiest) did in terms of chart success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom