Springsteen, Part IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The great thing about it was this:

I got the tickets at the last minute when Ticketmaster released some tix for 24 hours. So we were in Section 405 Row U . . . literally behind our row was the BACK WALL of the Honda Center. :lol:

And yet, to prove what consummate, fantastic performers they are, I felt like I was in the front row! (True, the big screen helped a lot.) But wow, in theater when they tell you to perform to the last row, well Bruuuuuce was sure listening to that advice.

And during "Meeting Across The River", you could've heard a pin drop. EVERY body in that arena was completely rapt with attention to his beautiful showmanship.

I guess it just goes to show you don't have to be up close to be personal.

Seriously!

I didn't want any spoilers, so I hadn't been going in the Bruce thread . . .

. . . and the surprise was ALL WORTH IT when I heard Max on that hi-hat for Candy's Room. :drool:

BEST part of the night for me! :rockon: :combust:

Last edited:
Our lucky number got my friend and I into the pit and it was low enough that we ended up on the front rail on the far left side. We were in front of Nils. Bruce came over and played to our side 2-3 times.

I must say, the Pond irritates the hell out of me for all of their rules for the floor (no food, or drink INCLUDING water), Gestapo security dudes, absolutely no cameras down there. We weren't even allowed to take pictures w/ our cell phones. :madspit:
But this is the 2nd time I've had major GA concert karma there so I guess I'll be going back .

Here is the setlist from the 2nd Anaheim show. I'm not sure if anyone else posted it yet?

Thunder Road (first time opening a show since Born in the USA tour)
Radio Nowhere
Lonesome Day
Gypsy Biker
Murder Incorporated
Magic
Atlantic City "The gospel acc to Bruce"
Candy's Room
Reason to Believe
Prove It All Night
Because the Night
She's the One
Livin' in the Future
The Promised Land
Brilliant Disguise
The Ghost of Tom Joad (w/ Tom Morello) The man is pure genius.
Last to Die
Long Walk Home
Badlands Yeeehah!
Out in the Street
Meeting Across the River
Jungleland *GUH*
Born to Run
Dancing in the Dark (Bruce brought up a little girl who was on someone's shoulders rocking out. She was awesome. Great moment!)
American Land

I kind of missed The Rising not being played, but otherwise I can say it was a great, great show. I'm not a veteran Bruce concert goer, this was only my 2nd show ever but both shows I've been to have been remarkable.

Last edited:
Oh man...the set list party on BTX last night while this was going on was INSANE. What a show indeed.

Dallas is Sunday, I can NOT wait much longer

oktobergirl said:
Thunder Road (first time opening a show since Born in the USA tour)
Radio Nowhere
Lonesome Day
Gypsy Biker
Murder Incorporated
Magic
Atlantic City "The gospel acc to Bruce"
Candy's Room
Reason to Believe
Prove It All Night
Because the Night
She's the One
Livin' in the Future
The Promised Land
Brilliant Disguise
The Ghost of Tom Joad (w/ Tom Morello) The man is pure genius.
Last to Die
Long Walk Home
Badlands Yeeehah!
Out in the Street
Meeting Across the River
Jungleland *GUH*
Born to Run
Dancing in the Dark (Bruce brought up a little girl who was on someone's shoulders rocking out. She was awesome. Great moment!)
American Land

insanely jealous... bruce needs to make this show the dvd release.

Next Concert is Dallas...I am so super nervous, cause I'm afraid it's going to be super serious because of el presidente

^Saturday :hyper: I am so excited for you.
Cameras are not officially allowed...........in Milwaukee I saw no one being searched, though. A take your chances kind of thing.
On Backstreets I found a gal who was at the Milwaukee show and she took pictures in the pit.......the trick seemed to be to take them at the end of the concert. The pictures for the most part are from America Land. She got some pretty good shots.

Last edited:
And I am HERE!

Jesus Christ, it was amazing

And Jon Bon Jovi sang Glory Days with Bruce

and there was a hilarious moment when both of them were looking at the teleprompter

I'll write more in a tad

Ok, here are a few things I wrote on Backstreets, but I'll explain what they are in response to

Ok: 1st, why are there so many parents in Texas allowing their young girls dress like sluts?: From the moment I saw the "gaggle" of small girls outside, I knew they'd end up on stage, but I didn't really realize there were SO many of them. Why there were so many pre-teens and younger dressed like hookers at tonight's show, I will probably never understand, but there were also about six or seven of them in seats as well.

I was on the rail on Clarence's side, and that was pretty freakin' exciting, with two people from Interference...I will have to look up their Interference names, because at the moment I'm too tired to think, and can only remember real names.

Jon Bon Jovi joined Bruce for Glory Days, a lot of people on Backstreets are complaining but,
I thought it was awesome that Jon Bon was there, and I laughed a lot when Bruce had to show him where the teleprompter was, not that he ever messed up any of the lyrics.

Awesome that Independence Day was played, that's currently my favorite song.

I got really sick during the show, so when he played Meeting I was really disappointed, but Jungleland was just too amazing. Everything about Clarence was great, and the fact that he can make sitting in a chair look as bad-ass as he does, was awesome.

Is Max shy? Bruce had to coax him out from backstage to come take a bow when he told the audience it was his birthday before going into the encore.

In response to people complaining about the fact that Bruce pulled the girls dressed like hookers on stage (there were about ten of them):
I think we all get it though. Bruce enjoys seeing young people at his shows, and they were 100% going to get pulled up on stage, at least it was fun to see how much fun he was having.
Because he really was enjoying himself, and you could tell. He had to stop singing once because he was laughing.

And one person on Backstreets said that the audience was not really singing along at all to the new songs (from Magic) but to that I say:
Maybe it didn't sound like people were singing along with the new songs, but they definitely were where I was standing. That was one thing that I noticed immediately was that people were singing around, odd that it was different elsewhere.

Other things that I didn't feel the need to post over there:
Setlist:
1. Tenth Ave Freezeout
2. Radio Nowhere
3. Lonesome Day
4. Gypsy Biker
5. Magic
6. Trapped
7. Reason To Believe
8. Prove It All Night
9. Because The Night
10. She's The One
11. Living In The Future
12. The Promised Land
13. The Girls In Their Summer Clothes
14. Independence Day
15. Devils Arcade
16. The Rising
17. Last To Die
18. Long Walk Home
19. Badlands

20. Meeting Across The River
21. Jungleland
22. Born To Run
23. Glory Days w/ JON BON JOVI Shocked
24. Dancing In The Dark
25. American Land

No Patti

Um...Nils is AMAZING! I had no idea. I wouldn't let myself watch any bootlegs or anything, so I didn't have a lot of back info to go on, but Jesus Christ! The solo he played on...Because the Night?

I know this post is confusing and not making a lot of sense. I'm really tired, think I have a slight second hand high going, and for the strangest reason, have a sun burn under my eyes

Good night to all until tomorrow

Anyone know why "The Boss" isnt playing any Scottish dates on his tour. He is playing England, Ireland and even Wales ffs! He is in danger of become labled a Tosser

Sounds like a great show, bono_212. Getting Independence Day is certainly a high point.

I was betting that they'd open the show with Cadillac Ranch, though. They are in Texas, after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom