Springsteen, Part IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive me if it's been mentioned before (I can't keep up with the 90 posts per day :wink: ), but there is a beautiful cover of 'Mansion On The Hill' on The National's new EP.

I just found it now, but this link has a video of the exact performance on the EP (though the sound on the EP is mixed quite a bit better). Check it out:

YouTube - The National MANSION ON THE HILL

YES! I listened to this the other day and it is absolutely gorgeous. I was wondering if it was the exact same performance as the EP, so thanks for that.

He sang I'm on Fire NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :sniffle: I wanted him to sing it for meeeeeee :wink:

has anyone got links to a setlist site or something for bruce?

As others have said, you can check his official site: BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN
It has the setlists uf the current tour up shortly after the end of the show, including a PDF of the original written out setlist (which may vary from what was actually played)!
:up:

Nice. I've never really browsed around Backstreets very much at all.

I just spent a while there looking at setlists and what-not.

Badass site. Thumbs up from me!!! :up:

Yes! I was listening to a bootleg from the 2000 tour the other day (the Hartford show - it was seriously frigging awesome), and one of the songs segued into Honky Tonk Women.

It was awesome. Seriously frigging awesome. :wink:

Edit: It's Darlington County, and they played a bit of Honky Tonk Women near the beginning.

K, I can't get enough of Devils and Dust. I don't know what it is, but I love it. I think this is my fifth go of it in the last two days.

I like D&D a lot. Not to be all-bootlegs-all-the-time, but I LOVE the bootlegs from that stripped-down, acoustic tour. Love the arrangements he did of some of the classics.

I might get some of these wrong, because I tend to get the Ghost of Tom Joad acoustic tour mixed up with the D&D acoustic tour, but the version of Reason to Believe is bizarre, awesome and eerie. It's Bruce, a pump organ (yes? I think?) and his voice through some sort of distortion effect.

Anyway. I recommend tracking down a boot or two from the D&D tour.

I might get some of these wrong, because I tend to get the Ghost of Tom Joad acoustic tour mixed up with the D&D acoustic tour, but the version of Reason to Believe is bizarre, awesome and eerie. It's Bruce, a pump organ (yes? I think?) and his voice through some sort of distortion effect.

That was the Devils tour. :yes: He had a special microphone for that song. Jack White used a similar one last time I saw the Stripes.

It's spooky, but so cool.

I also totally love the version of The River he did with just him and the piano.

Phanan was telling me the same thing. I'll have to do that. So, having only, I believe, one album (American Land) left to hear, I think I'm ready to rank:
  1. Born To Run
  2. Magic :reject:
  3. Darkness
  4. Asbury Park
  5. The Rising
  6. Devils and Dust
  7. Born in The USA
  8. Nebraska
  9. The River
  10. Tunnel of Love
  11. WIESS
  12. Lucky Town
  13. Tom Joad
  14. Human Touch

I don't know. That FEELS right. But I'll probably change my mind quickly

i think i just hurt myself trying to rank the albums. ohh, my brain.

"for you" is playing on the radio, though. :up:

jesus christ,
i recently downloaded 8 albums of unreleased songs
that never made it on Tracks
and two albums of rough demos that didn't make it on Nebraska
and the mindblowing part of it..is that a lot of it is surprisingly good!
I'm completely hooked on an early acoustic song "The saga of the architect angel"

Of the 8 that I own and know well:

1. Born to Run
2. Darkness
3. Born in the USA
4. Asbury Park
5. Wild, Innocent...
6. The River
7. Nebraska
8. The Rising

jesus christ,
i recently downloaded 8 albums of unreleased songs
that never made it on Tracks
and two albums of rough demos that didn't make it on Nebraska
and the mindblowing part of it..is that a lot of it is surprisingly good!
I'm completely hooked on an early acoustic song "The saga of the architect angel"

What took you so long? :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom