Springsteen, Part IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Springsteenradio.net may be the greatest thing that has ever happened to me :drool:

and Should I fall Behind IS amazing :yes:

There's all kinds of stories about that they recorded a bunch of material before Danny passed

Maybe if those new tour dates are real, they'll go along with a new album :hyper: :lol:

i've been lucky enough to have this as my desktop :drool:
just though i would share

2zq7cbc.jpg

the only album you're likely to see this year is a rumored live album from the magic tour.

Probably true, but it has been said in interviews by different people that they already have enough material for another album. I wouldn't be surprised to see a quick follow-up in the spring of 2009.

Or, knowing Springsteen, he could shelve those songs indefinitely and go off in another direction...

I wouldn't turn up my nose at a live album from this tour. This tour's version of American Land, in all its fucking awesome awesomeness, in a real version instead of a mostly-decent bootleg version?

Oh my god, yes please. :drool:

I listened to Lucky Town this morning at the gym. It's good, dammit. No, it isn't BTR to Darkness, but it's just fine on its own. Living Proof is a song I'd be thrilled to hear next time I see him.

I think this was my first Bruce Springsteen album. I like it. :up:
(Oh wait, I just remember that I got a cassette of Born In The USA from my dad in 1985 or so, so that was my very first Bruce album on any format)

And I'm not seeing Bruce on his European tour. :reject: :uhoh:
He's playing here in a big stadium (the same one U2 played during their Vertigo Tour) that has a horrible sound. Last December I did see him play in a small stadium (the same one U2 played during their Elevation Tour :)), so I have heard the Magic songs live. It's also a weekday, which means it'll be quite difficult for me to make it. And I'm just not feeling it.

:reject:

Great gig at the Emirates tonight. Got nearly all the songs I wanted: Badlands, Promised Land, Jungleland...No Thunder Road though, and last nights crowd got Point Blank which is annoying, but hey. Superb energy throughout from the Boss. :up:

Yeah, but you got two nice debuts with Downbound Train and I'm On Fire, arguably the best songs from Born In The U.S.A.

Although that first show, on paper, looks like a stunner. 28 songs! That's the most of any show on this tour.

Dear Bruce:

No, my daddy is not home. And yes, he's gone and left me all alone.

Can you take me higher?

Please?

Lurve,

Me.

Forgive me if it's been mentioned before (I can't keep up with the 90 posts per day :wink: ), but there is a beautiful cover of 'Mansion On The Hill' on The National's new EP.

I just found it now, but this link has a video of the exact performance on the EP (though the sound on the EP is mixed quite a bit better). Check it out:

YouTube - The National MANSION ON THE HILL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom