Springsteen, Part IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
When people are driving to work in the morning, please play more uplifting Bruce songs, i.e - nothing from Nebraska or We Shall Overcome.

O Mary Don't You Weep wakes me up. It's all I can do to keep myself from jumping up on the bus, clapping my hands, swaying back and forth and singing at the top of my lungs! :wink:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Dear E Street Radio,

When people are driving to work in the morning, please play more uplifting Bruce songs, i.e - nothing from Nebraska or We Shall Overcome.

Thank you.

i actually enjoy nebraska in the morning... i don't want happy, loud, energetic stuff when i'm still half asleep. i want nice, quiet and soothing... even if the subject matter isn't exactly happy go lucky.

needless to say i'm not a morning person... :shifty:

phanan said:
The other night in Carolina, he opened the show with a double shot of Roulette and Don't Look Back. Rarity city.

yeah so weird these openers!:drool:
I'm really curious about the european leg:hmm:

Headache in a Suitcase said:

i actually enjoy nebraska in the morning... i don't want happy, loud, energetic stuff when i'm still half asleep. i want nice, quiet and soothing... even if the subject matter isn't exactly happy go lucky.

needless to say i'm not a morning person... :shifty:

Not a morning person? Never would've guessed. :wink:

I'm not really, either, but I prefer to be a little more awake when behind the wheel...

The last song I heard was Eyes on the Prize, which is one of my favorites of We Shall Overcome. :hi5:

NOO BRUCE NO NONOONONO

I shake my fist at you Bruce! I shake it angrily !

He just sang For You

Well, gave Born to Run a spin last night, and it's not what I was expecting... a lot more, a LOT more sax than I thought, his vocals are a bit sort of folky/country-y at times... I had the idea that the whole album would be full of Born to Run style hooks throughout.

that said, I still enjoyed it, and I've only given it one listen, trust me there'll be plenty more. I think the only thing that's kiiiind of putting me off at the moment is his vocals... he has a very, very deep voice, to the point where it's kind of hard to decipher what the hell he's actually singing.

Predictably, Born to Run is my fave so far.

I was a little put off by the album at first myself, but She's the One really sucked me in, and then after a few more plays I couldn't stop listening to it

I can only remember hearing Born to Run a few times before this, and couldn't recall it off the top of my head. I recognised it straight away, but now I've got it, man, it's amazing.

So I'm assuming live, this bloke is alright. Any particularly smashing live DVDs?

Born in the USA next, then I'm stuck.

This saxophonist is reeeeeally good.

COBL_04 said:

So I'm assuming live, this bloke is alright. Any particularly smashing live DVDs?

Live In New York City. You will be BLOWN AWAY by the version of "Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out" from that DVD!

COBL_04 said:

Born in the USA next, then I'm stuck.

The Wild, The Innocent and the E Street Shuffle.

A definite must! :yes:

FitzChivalry said:

Live In New York City. You will be BLOWN AWAY by the version of "Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out" from that DVD!

The Wild, The Innocent and the E Street Shuffle.

A definite must! :yes:

Cheers mate! I'll be sure to check them out. Also just discovered Dad owns Born USA on vinyl, so I might not have to fork out just yet. shweet

I think Backstreets might be my favorite Springsteen track other than Jungleland.

You know, I like Asbury Park more than WIESS...I think a couple of the longer tracks on Wild *cough WBilly* really put me off of listening to that album as much as the others.

I went to Best Buy today and had Tracks in my hands, but then I just couldn't justify spending that much money when I'm about to make a cross country drive so I put it back :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom