Springsteen, Part IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One week ago at this time................12 long hours until I re-live everything over and over and over. Can't wait to see how many versions come out. There is NO part of me that wants to go to work tomorrow.........want to convert and listen.
Watching Blood Brothers while waiting. I love watching the process as much as I love hearing the finished product.

BTW Bruce looks hot wearing his hat :shifty:

So someone attended the premiere of The Wrestler at the Venice Film Festival and recorded Bruce's song at the end. It's not very good quality obviously, but there hasn't been any indication when it will be released, so it was kind of cool to listen to, although I can't understand a word he's saying.

It's acoustic, and it sounds nice. Can't wait until we have a good rip somewhere.

Oh, it's a new song? I hadn't heard about that.

I listened to the St. Louis boot this morning. Oh man ... :drool:

I've seen longer dancing in the dark videos like that, but I don't know where :lmao: I have to say that that's got to one of the most embarrassingly dated music videos ever :lol:

But that second video :love:

First video is a stitch :lol:

Second video.............how many times can I watch that? :love: That is just glorious :love:

I have to say that I'm not impressed by the acoustic Born To Run. It pales in comparison to the full band version. And that's even an understatement.
:|

If he whipped out the acoustic BTR at a concert I was attending, I'd be bummed - I want the full-on assault of the full band version. But on my iPod, it's beautiful.

Hearing die-hard Bruce fans bitch about hearing Born to Run, The Promised Land and Badlands at every show makes me laugh and shake my head.

Die-hard fans - just as picky and complainy no matter who they're a fan of!

If he whipped out the acoustic BTR at a concert I was attending, I'd be bummed - I want the full-on assault of the full band version. But on my iPod, it's beautiful.

Hearing die-hard Bruce fans bitch about hearing Born to Run, The Promised Land and Badlands at every show makes me laugh and shake my head.

Die-hard fans - just as picky and complainy no matter who they're a fan of!

I was thinking that I would be happy if he did 2 versions in the same show..............ala, Vertigo in a certain bands previous concerts :shifty:

Oh man, that's the first time I've heard Chimes of Freedom. I was kind of avoiding it cause the title sounded sooo cheesy, but..:sad:

Happy Birthday Bruce!!! :rockon:
00000714.gif

^ I took my iPod to work & set it on play all.......Born To Run, Seeger Sessions, Videos........... etc...........all :up:

From Nils Website:
Sept 27, 2008

Hello everyone, hope you're all in good health and spirits!
We've had a lot of you download the free "Yankee Stadium" song written by Amy and I (it was her idea and chorus). Check it out and please spread the word for us. It's an inspired piece and it was great to have the Phoenix Boys Choir sing with me on it.
I've asked Linda to post a new "harmonic minor scale", first position, for all you beginner guitar school members (free). Thanks so much for your interest and patience. I'll have more lessons coming near the end of October I hope. Sorry for the delay. I've been preoccupied with other issues and I'll explain.
Due to a long, beautiful life on the road (40 years) that's included back flips with guitars, dive rolls, leaping off drum risers and trying to break stage floors with pounding legs due to the amazing energy I gratefully continue to get from you, the audience, in addition to thousands of hours playing aggressive basketball, (my favorite sport to play) on mostly cement, city courts, I have finally destroyed both of my hips and they are both bone on bone with no cartilage left. Thus , I am headed to NYC with my fabulous wife Amy to have bi-lateral hip relacement this Tuesday, Sept. 30th (both hips completely replaced). Although I am understandably nervous, it is a hugely successful surgery and I have a great surgeon in a great hospital so I should come through it fine. We certainly would welcome your prayers and positive thoughts and will keep you posted. Amy's offered to work with Linda in getting updates of progress to you as I go through this. God willing, it will all go well and I'll recover completely. I hope to be back home in AZ. to continue rehabbing by late October and start more guitar lessons and writing. If all goes well, I hope I can start doing my acoustic show touring by early Spring. Anyway, right now I'm just focusing on the immediate future and would welcome your kind thoughts and prayers.
You have all been an incredible source of inspiration and hope and have helped keep the musical and life journey real. Amy and I thank you from the bottom of our hearts and will be in touch soon with updates. Until then, God bless you all!

Peace and Believe - Nils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom