Springsteen, Part IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure one is in the works, although there's only been speculation.

I'll take the Darkness 30th first. A live Magic DVD can follow.

Of course, there's the rumor of a new album hot on the heels of all of this, so the next few months could get very interesting.

I'm sure one is in the works, although there's only been speculation.

I'll take the Darkness 30th first. A live Magic DVD can follow.

Of course, there's the rumor of a new album hot on the heels of all of this, so the next few months could get very interesting.

NO, dvd first please! I'm getting withdrawals already :scream:

There's a rumor floating around that the Darkness 30th Anniversary set is coming out on 11/11.

:hyper:

Isn't this like the 20th rumor about that this year though?

God dont' get my hopes all up Phanan, they're currently on life support as it is :sad:

There's a rumor floating around that the Darkness 30th Anniversary set is coming out on 11/11.

:hyper:

WHOOT! That will help make up for the fact that U2's album is postponed until '09.

I've got 3 Springsteen concert DVDs torrenting at home, and there's another one from barcelona I want to download as well. My poor little computer is struggling to withstand my Bruce obsession!

WHOOT! That will help make up for the fact that U2's album is postponed until '09.

I've got 3 Springsteen concert DVDs torrenting at home, and there's another one from barcelona I want to download as well. My poor little computer is struggling to withstand my Bruce obsession!

No kidding. It's a good thing Bruce is taking care of us while we wait eons for new U2 material.

When you check out the Barcelona DVD, watch the short Fenway clip if it's included in the download. It's really cool.

Of course, I think that way because I was there for it. :wink:

Enrico good job with the videos...............thank you again for sharing them. I am truly hoping that this concert ends up as a official dvd for Harley/Bruce.
Hope you enjoyed Milwaukee. It was a perfect summer night ~ warm during the day, cool lake breeze in the evening, 80,000 other people, and Bruce and the E-Street Band.

The Foo Fighters from the night before Bruce are up on DIME........not necessarily a Foo fan, but curious about the sound, so I am getting it.
Quote in Backstreets:

There were several tapers posted behind the 2nd large column of audio speakers which provided excellent sound. Due to the fact they were so far away from the stage we were afforded space away from the talkers. There will be many hi quality DAT tapes/discs of the final show!

I found this post from Backstreets enlightening:

GypsyMagic wrote: If SPL says it is true it must be true DennisC. A 2009 release makes sense.
icon_surprised.gif
icon_confused.gif

Dennic C's Response:

You think?
For a 30th anniversary release it makes, of course, no sense at all.
But for someone who has put som effort in finding out more about this release it actually does.

let me tell you my own little story on the darkness on the edge of town 30th anniversary edition hopefully-to-be release:

The initial rumours:
They obviously came on the heels of the BTR30 release.
Mostly based on wishful thinking.
One source said that Thom Zimny already worked on the Phoenix footage from july 8th 78.
But a year and a half ago (give or take a few months) the mythic K2 "confirmed" work was being done on it and that the concert DVD would indeed be the Phoenix footage we all already "knew" about.

The first real evidence:
The first real evidence that work was actually being done on this release came when a fan spoke to photografer Frank Stefanko on an exhibition (I think) in London late last summer.
Stefanko, who shot the cover for Darkness, confirmed he had been interviewed for a documentary about the sessions in question.
He even said "the concert footage will blow you away".
That together with rumours of Darkness engineer Jimmy Iovine being together with bruce in Southern Tracks Studios in Atlanta was clearly a sign that something was going on.

The first "official" report:
When our friends here at Backstreets magazine report something on their news page, they know something.
I don´t ever remember backstreets.com reporting rumours that actually don´t have any credibility to it.
In january Chris Phillips reported that the chances of a Darkness anniversary box set would be released was "looking good" and "work is being done on it".

The rumoured release date:
The first rumoured release date I heard of was spring 08.
I don´t know how close we got to that one, but I do think the august/september release date were as valid and as set in stone as could be at that moment.
One source said Bruce´s birthday september 23rd.
Could have been right at the moment, who knows.

The code of silence:
What I do know is that during the summer things got very silent in this matter.
No rumours, no report on release dates, nothing.
Then came Chris Phillips with his report on one of the BTX Brunch Threads that things wasn´t as sure as we all thought regarding this release.

The concert footage:
When we talk about professionally filmed shows from the Darkness on the edge of town tour, there´s actually only one show we know that got that special treatment.
The War Memorial Coliseum show in Phoenix july 8th 78.
Infamous for the great Rosalita video footage, no wonder Bruce & Co looked at this one first hand as "reported" by the first rumour and by K2.

During the winter of 08 rumours said they were looking on other shows.
One show there was talk about was the december Houston show at The Summit.
Hell knows if they got that one or not.
Another source says the footage in question were taken from MSG aug 23rd.
I think it´s fair to believe this was all rumours, if it wasn´t for the "fact" that a source just a few weeks ago claimed the production team had run into technichal issues on the footage and therefore the whole set were being scrapped.

Good rocking tonight:
After things got quiet over the summer, back came Bruce and the band to the states and out of the blue keeps playing songs like Mona, Not fade away (just snippet of those of course), You can´t sit down, and even on one occasion bringing back the storytelling in the middle of Growing up.
And introducing Good Rocking tonight, Bruce even called out they "played this one at Passaic Theater".
This from a fella that needs to look at the teleprompter to sing Thunder Road.

You do the math.

Here´s my math:
My conclusion, based on the above rumours (I can´t enough express the _rumour_ part of all this) is this:

Work have been done, and done very well.
It´s fair to believe there´s a documentary already been done.
And just think of the incredible Darkness rehearsal footage that can be found in the Danny tribute.
Sure they knew where to look for that.

The initial choice for the concert DVD was Phoenix.
But it looks like they may have found some other shows to look at.
And my feeling is they went for another but got stuck with technical issues during the summer.
Bruce is in europe, so let´s wait ´til he gets back.

Bruce get´s back to the states, they take a very good look on what they got to decide what to do.
Hence the out-of-the-blue covers and storytelling that can easily be traced back to the Darkness tour.

Therefore it makes a lot of sense if they´re still working on this release for a 2009 release.
We all know what Bruce himself thinks of the Darkness on the edge of town album.
It´s been a cornerstone in all his rock shows for 30 years.
I think he is really eager to get this collecition out there, and even though I think we´ll have to wait for next year I stil think it´s a good chance they´re working hard to get this baby out in november to be able to concentrate on the new E Street album in the early days of 2009.

It was :sigh:

I gave him some links :D, I think he's run off to the site :lol:

Before I start, I have a couple questions ...

a. what are 'rar' files ???
b. do i need special software to play 'rar' files ???

Please forgive me, but I'm an idiot when it comes to some stuff ...

Thanks for your replies in advance though ...

Before I start, I have a couple questions ...

a. what are 'rar' files ???
b. do i need special software to play 'rar' files ???

Please forgive me, but I'm an idiot when it comes to some stuff ...

Thanks for your replies in advance though ...

do you know what a zip file is? a .rar is the same thing, you just need a copy of a program called Winrar to open it and heeeere, is the link:

WinRAR archiver, a powerful tool to process RAR and ZIP files

Welcome to the world of bootlegs. :drool:

Maybe it's just a sign of my muddled brain after a really long week, but that copy/paste post from Backstreets made little sense to me. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom