Springsteen, Part IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone post a link to an mp3 of this so I can have it when I get home tonight.

Please. :)

Don't have an mp3 but there's video here: YouTube - BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN "Born To Be Wild" HQ 8-30-08 Harley Fest Milwaukee WI 2008 which includes "We'll be seein' ya! We're just getting started!"

Magnificent ending of the tour! 4th of July with Jason Federici on accordion, very sweet... he looks just like his Dad! And they showed a video montage of pics of Bruce with his harleys over the years during Thunder Road...even Bruce turned around to see some of his pics lol Beautiful rendition of Racing in the Street.

Great venue, security let us in almost 2 hours before the gates were supposed to open to get us into the shade. Nice breeze from the lake, perfect night!!

"We're only just getting started"

There's a promising quote if I ever heard one.

Maybe they do have something else ready to go. It would explain the possible Super Bowl appearance to kick off 2009.

:hmm:

I'm still hoping for a liver CD/DVD from this tour, and a 30th anniversary something-or-other for Darkness On the Edge of Town.

Neither would be too much to hope for, right?

HOLY F*** HE DID A REAL SHOW?!
In Milwaukee? He did a show and a half :hyper:
So goood!
The HOLY F*** is dead on...........I am still saying it.
How do you come down after witnessing something like that? Long live the Springsteen buzz :D

:lol:

You really didn't know he was playing at Harley Fest in Milwaukee? Or did you just think it was supposed to be a one or two-song set or something?

I was thinking maybe 25-26 songs, all pretty mainstream popular stuff you know? Oh My Jesus. I'm still in love with St. Louis, but I'm feeling a sprig of jealousy at this show now :faint:

25-26 songs? If he played 25-26 songs you wouldn't have considered that a real show? :headscratch:

25-26 songs? If he played 25-26 songs you wouldn't have considered that a real show? :headscratch:

No, what I mean is, I and others expected this to be a casual fan crowd pleasing show. A REAL show yes, but for Springsteen, not exactly the show we've come to expect this tour. Really though it doesn't matter, this show was insane.

Oh, gotcha.

I finished downloading (via torrent)disc 1 of 3 of a collection someone put on Jungleland of all Bruce TV performances between 1978-2003. Really only one from pre-BITUSA, but it's really cool so far. Can't wait for 2 to finish downloading! (And for 3 to post on the site.)

I was thinking maybe 25-26 songs, all pretty mainstream popular stuff you know? Oh My Jesus. I'm still in love with St. Louis, but I'm feeling a sprig of jealousy at this show now :faint:
I am listening to St. Louis right now and feeling a sprig of jealousy for that show.
I am grinning ear to ear as I listen to Mary's Place. Rev. Springsteen. He did the same intro so I am, as I listen to St. Louis, re-living Milwaukee.

I am listening to St. Louis right now and feeling a sprig of jealousy for that show.
I am grinning ear to ear as I listen to Mary's Place. Rev. Springsteen. He did the same intro so I am, as I listen to St. Louis, re-living Milwaukee.

Was it as powerful? I didn't even really like Mary's Place til St. Louis. That f'ing blew me away. Along with really EVERYTHING else about St. Louis, but Mary's Place for once was a stand out

No torrents yet.............there has got to be at least 1.

Dare I say the Mary's Place intro was a bit more powerful/longer.
I was blown away by it. It was like being at a church service in my section........lots of go brother, amens.
Damn he is good!

No torrents yet.............there has got to be at least 1.

Dare I say the Mary's Place intro was a bit more powerful/longer.
I was blown away by it. It was like being at a church service in my section........lots of go brother, amens.
Damn he is good!

:faint:

He was feeding off of the people in the pit area and trying VERY hard to win over people who knew some Bruce Springsteen music, but not all of it............fans, but not diehards. He had to have gotten some new fans.
For some of it (the concert) I just stood there in awe........example: when he knelt down and leaned all the way back and then had the microphone stand between his legs and then pulled himself up. In my head I kept saying "take pictures" and yet I couldn't move. He ran, he slid, he went down the stairs, he jumped

I went to the March 17 concert here and while it was fun and energetic, this one was different........ he "kicked it up another notch" or 2,000

He was feeding off of the people in the pit area and trying VERY hard to win over people who knew some Bruce Springsteen music, but not all of it............fans, but not diehards. He had to have gotten some new fans.
For some of it (the concert) I just stood there in awe........example: when he knelt down and leaned all the way back and then had the microphone stand between his legs and then pulled himself up. In my head I kept saying "take pictures" and yet I couldn't move. He ran, he slid, he went down the stairs, he jumped

I went to the March 17 concert here and while it was fun and energetic, this one was different........ he "kicked it up another notch" or 2,000

That's exactly how I felt about StL vs. Dallas. Both good on their own, but Dallas is pretty much owned by StL.

harley.jpg

:combust:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom