Springsteen, Part IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SQUEE!

And I agree about Springsteen vs. U2 as far as GA goes. I find it incredibly frustrating that they can't look to other artists to see what they do, and how well it works.

Fuckers.

It's done! :hyper: I love that Bruce was able to make a song like "And Then (He) Kissed Me" seem like a super serious song :love:

Bruce is slated to play an acoustic set after Obama speaks Thursday night :up:

:ohmy:

My excuse is more unusual than Martha's: I'll be in the very Republican state of Alaska. :doh:

Originally Posted by Hewson
Don't you have one of them newfangled VCR thingies?:D

I believe I disconnected my VCR thingie when I hooked up my even more newfangled digital TV converter box thingie to my TV. The TV which will be 3,000 miles away.

Dammit. I love acoustic Bruce. :angry:

They are really freakin' out over at Backstreets. A lot of people are really worried that this might be the end.

I hope they are wrong.

You weren't at St.L. Phan. imo, if it's not the end of E Street, I'm pretty sure it's the end for Clarence :( The show started so late because he needed medical assistance from a doc before the show. And honestly, what's E Street without Clarence? I love him, but I can't watch him force himself to keep doing this, when I can see the pain he's obviously in.

I heard the Not Fade Away/She's the One combo on a bootleg today on Sirius - not terrible, but my favorite version is still, and always will be, Hammersmith. :love:

Though not a version with Not Fade Away, but my favourite She's The One is the one from Winterland 1978 (where he precedes the song with Bo Diddley's Mona and where the song always breaks down with Bruce doing his "I just don't know" after which the song rocks even harder than before). :heart:

I watched the VH-1 Storytellers DVD last night.

Oh my god, it's fantastic.

Ahhhhh yes! Isn't it awesome? That speech he makes, I think it's right before he launches into Thunder Road, is just the perfect little slice of Bruce wisdom. And all of the other intros and explanations were great, too.

The man is not just a great songwriter, he is a great writer...period. He has a special gift with the English language.

I think Storytellers is one of my favorite things I've ever seen Bruce do.

They are really freakin' out over at Backstreets. A lot of people are really worried that this might be the end.

I hope they are wrong.

Just my humble opinion but I agree with those that feel if it was the end, Patti would have been at the last show. I thought all of them looked a little weary in STL but they were on number 6 of 7 shows in 10 days and they still wore me out that night! Clarence didn't look very well at the end of the VFC shows coming off the Rising Tour either and I really didn't think he'd be out on the road again. Is there an E St band without Clarence? I don't know, it's not the same now without Danny. It was really hard to hear Sandy in KC, first time I'd heard it live since Boston 2 and as soon as it started, all those feelings came flooding back.

Album in the fall, tour in the spring....which will totally kill my savings account and melt my credit cards if U2 starts their tour then too but I'm "going to enjoy every sandwich" :)

Just rumors.

I'm still hoping for a Darkness 30th set first, but not hearing anything makes me think it's not happening.

And it looks like the DNC rumors turned out to be false. He won't be in Denver.

Well damn it! That's the only reason I'm watching Obama right now.

Oh well. Guess I can turn the channel now.

Setlist From Harley Fest :love:

1. Gypsy Biker
2. Out In The Street
3. Radio Nowhere
4. The Promised Land
5. Spirit In The Night
6. WOOLEY BULLY
7. Darlington Co.
8. You Can Look But You Better Not Touch
9. Darkness On The Edge of Town
10. Youngstown
11. Murder Inc.
12. She's The One
13. Living In The Future
14. Mary's Place
15. Working On The Highway
16. Racing In The Street
17. The Rising
18. Last To Die
19. Long Walk Home
20. Badlands
21. 7 Nights to Rock

22. 4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy) For Danny (w/his son on stage)
23. Tenth Ave Freezeout
24. Glory Days
25. Born To Run
26. Rosalita (Come Out Tonite)
27. Bobby Jean
28. American Land

29. Thunder Road
30. Dancing In The Dark
31. BORN TO BE WILD

Wooly Bully! I love it!

I've been downloading the recent bootlegs, and I LOVED that they did Double Shot of My Baby's Love to kick off one of the shows. What a fun song.

AP Video

Video from last night ~ Enlarge your screen and turn up the volume!!!!!!!! I actually teared up from, this is going to sound corny, joy watching it again. I am still flying high :D

Man, I would have loved to have been there. :(

Shari, where is Veteran's Park? Is that near the Summerfest Grounds? Or is it by the lakeshore, like where the art museum/marina is?

In other news, at my karaoke party last night I sang Born to Run and Cadillac Ranch. :rockon:

It is right on the lakefront to the north of the art museum. It is a popular jogging and kite flying area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom