Springsteen, Part IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
2. Radio Nowhere
3. Lonesome Day
4. No Surrender
5. Adam Raised a Cain
6. Spirit in the Night
7. Summertime Blues
8. Brilliant Disguise
9. Atlantic City
10. Growin' Up
11. Janey Don't You Lose Heart
12. I'll Work for Your Love
13. Youngstown
14. Murder Inc.
15. The Promised Land
16. Livin' in the Future
17. Mary's Place
18. Workin' on the Highway
19. Tunnel of Love
20. The Rising
21. Last to Die
22. Long Walk Home
23. Badlands
24. Girls in Their Summer Clothes
25. Jungleland Cool
26. Born to Run
27. Bobby Jean
28. Dancing in the Dark
29. American Land
30. Rosalita

youngstown+ tunnel of love in one show :faint::faint:x infinity

Alright, I'm listening to Sunday's concert a second time, can't get enough -- fantastic recording and show! There's nothing like a Giants Stadium Springsteen concert. Now I've gotta download Monday's show.

Alright, I'm listening to Sunday's concert a second time, can't get enough -- fantastic recording and show! There's nothing like a Giants Stadium Springsteen concert. Now I've gotta download Monday's show.

and i get to go to the very last giants stadium springsteen show ever :hi5:

even if they do tour again... giants stadium will be torn down after 2009. so unless they tour stadiums next year...yea. thursday's it. the 17th 19th time at giants stadium i do believe... that must be a record.

Where are you getting your dowwnloads from?

I haven't had the ability in the past. I'm not sure now ( I don't have the Net at home, but i DO have some free acess to the net).

I also have a friend who might be able to get it for me IF I can get the url to them. I think they'd be quite interested too!

:help: :D :help:

Where are you getting your dowwnloads from?

I haven't had the ability in the past. I'm not sure now ( I don't have the Net at home, but i DO have some free acess to the net).

I also have a friend who might be able to get it for me IF I can get the url to them. I think they'd be quite interested too!

:help: :D :help:

I think he mentioned he got them at the torrent site Dimeadozen.

You could check here to see if any of the most recent shows are available for download yet:

The Bruce Springsteen mp3 Bootleg Index :: Index

My mother managed to get a ticket to Hershey from a friend. None for me, though.

Sunday's show was incredible! 3+ hours. Had to post this pic. No explaination necessary. :wink:

073108c20-20GS.jpg

Somehow I get the feeling we're in for an epic show tonight. They take almost two weeks off after this show, and it's absolutely pouring right now, and supposed to continue on and off through the night. I wouldn't be surprised if he pulled out Who'll Stop The Rain to open the show, and added Lost In The Flood somewhere in the set.

I'm getting a tad :hyper:

Your can post your review any time now... :waiting:

:wink:

an oil tanker spilled on the jersey turnpike during the day, jamming up traffic throughout jersey. it actually didn't cause any bad traffic problems for new yorkers though. mostly just those coming from north and south jersey. but because of the report everyone from NY thought they'd take the bus... bus lines were around 3 city blocks. we hopped in a cab rather than wait on the line, and we pretty much flew into giants stadium in record time.

but, because so many people from jersey had so much trouble getting in, the show didn't start till 9:30... so we stood around (on the floor) at giants stadium for a long long time before the show finally got started with summertime blues.

show it's self was great... but i was absolutely exhausted by the time the encores came around, thanks to the late start, long show and a very long day at work. so i probably didn't enjoy the show as much as i could have... he didn't leave the stage till around quarter to 1 in the morning.

I've got my ticket for tomorrow and am ready.

Lucky.

Sunday's show was incredible! 3+ hours. Had to post this pic. No explaination necessary. :wink:

073108c20-20GS.jpg

Hello :drool:

an oil tanker spilled on the jersey turnpike during the day, jamming up traffic throughout jersey. it actually didn't cause any bad traffic problems for new yorkers though. mostly just those coming from north and south jersey. but because of the report everyone from NY thought they'd take the bus... bus lines were around 3 city blocks. we hopped in a cab rather than wait on the line, and we pretty much flew into giants stadium in record time.

but, because so many people from jersey had so much trouble getting in, the show didn't start till 9:30... so we stood around (on the floor) at giants stadium for a long long time before the show finally got started with summertime blues.

show it's self was great... but i was absolutely exhausted by the time the encores came around, thanks to the late start, long show and a very long day at work. so i probably didn't enjoy the show as much as i could have... he didn't leave the stage till around quarter to 1 in the morning.

Cool that it was such a good show, sucky you were tired for it. That sucks some of the momentum out, when you're not entirely all the way in it.

Long Bruce shows, though. :hi5:

Late start last night as well due to the weather. Knowing he usually doesn't start until around 8:20-8:30, I planned accordingly and didn't leave right away. But as I got to Foxboro, a major thunderstorm rolled through and traffic was at a stand still. We're talking lightning strikes touching down here. Found a parking spot as it ended, but he didn't come on until 9:15.

Not as long as some of the more recent shows, at just under 3 hours, but you can't really complain about that. 28 songs long.

Highlights for me were the tour premieres of Little Latin Lupe Lu, not played on a regular tour since 1988, and Who'll Stop The Rain, which was convenient. He dedicated it to "Coach" - I'm assuming he meant Bill Belichick.

A double shot of Youngstown and Murder Inc. was fantastic, with Nils going crazy on guitar (just like the reunion tour). I'm Goin' Down was a nice surprise and cool to hear, and you can never tire of hearing Jungleland. Finishing with Rosalita was just the icing on the cake.

If there's one part I could do without, it's Mary's Place. The song itself is good, but the shtick that he goes through is a bit tired now. It was fine for The Rising tour when it first started, and I would have left it behind now.

So I saw two shows on the tour, and just from those two, I heard 40 different songs. Just check out the difference between them:

November 19, 2007
Boston, MA
TD Banknorth Garden

Radio Nowhere
Night
Lonesome Day
Gypsy Biker
Magic
Reason To Believe
Darkness On The Edge Of Town
Candy's Room
She's The One
Livin' In The Future
This Hard Land (Tour Premiere)
4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)
The E Street Shuffle
Working On The Highway
Devil's Arcade
The Rising
Last To Die
Long Walk Home
Badlands

Girls In Their Summer Clothes
Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
Kitty's Back
Born To Run
American Land

August 2, 2008
Foxborough, Massachusetts
Gilette Stadium

Summertime Blues
Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
Radio Nowhere
Lonesome Day
The Promised Land
Spirit In The Night
Tunnel Of Love
Little Latin Lupe Lu (first time with E Street Band since 1977!)
Does This Bus Stop At 82nd Street?
Hungry Heart
Who'll Stop The Rain (Tour Premiere)
Youngstown
Murder Incorporated
She's The One
Livin' In The Future
Mary's Place
The Rising
Last To Die
Long Walk Home
Badlands

I'm Going Down
Jungleland
Born To Run
Glory Days
Dancing In The Dark
American Land
Rosalita

The note about 1977 is wrong from the official website for Little Latin Lupe Lu. It was last done in 1988 at just one show, and then it was 1977 before that.

All in all, a great time as usual. The show didn't end until 12:10am, and although it was longer, I think I prefer the December show just because of the emotion throughout that one, being Danny's final full show. Kinda hard to top that.

Phanan, you lucky dog. I'm super jealous of you and all the rest of you guys that got to see him on this tour.

:angry: :wink:

But, anyway, I was wondering how many of you caught the VH1 Storytellers that Bruce did a few years back? It was re-aired on some weird music channel recently and I watched it for the first time since it was first in rotation on VH1.

Wow, what a great little show he put on. Great versions of Blinded By the Light, Devils and Dust, The Rising, Brilliant Disguise and, of course, Thunder Road.

And old Brucie really took the "storytellers" thing literally didn't he? He told a great story before each song and even broke down a few of them line by line.

The speech he makes before Thunder Road is just beautiful. :heart:

All in all, a great time as usual. The show didn't end until 12:10am, and although it was longer, I think I prefer the December show just because of the emotion throughout that one, being Danny's final full show. Kinda hard to top that.

I thought sure you were gonna say you enjoyed November's show more because of the company. :wink:
Looks like you got a damn good show Saturday.
Wasn't in the cards for me, my friend was in from Houston, so I had other plans. Wishing those fall dates we saw earlier would somehow materialize.

Bruce Springsteen VH1 Storytellers DVD

Ooooo you're in for a treat.

And actually I think there are more songs on the DVD than were shown on the VH1 hour-long thing.

:looks at her copy of the DVD:

The DVD jacket says it's nearly two hours long and has eight songs on it. Along with detailed introductions, comments and ancedotes, and a q&a session.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom