Springsteen, Part IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't actually listened to it yet. :reject:

I did watch the "Sandy" video with Danny Federici, and at the end it showed a few stills from what I assumed were previous versions of the song played on the various tours over the years. It was really nice.

Yeah, I'd love to have a clean copy of that - all I have is that fair quality audience recording, which isn't very good. But still hilarious because of that guy shouting "HOLY SHIT! WHAT THE FUCK!" and laughing at the beginning. :lol:

I really could have done without the Roger McGuinn and Alejandro Escovedo collaborations. But hey, it's for Danny's charity, and I still have hopes they'll release a full-length tour recording.

I'm still working through all the bootlegs I've downloaded the past few months, and I have to say, I'm really impressed with the usual quality. There are a lot of great-sounding recordings out there.

A lot of the current tour boots sound similar to me, sound quality wise. They've all been very listenable but nothing really stellar.

The one I'm listening to this morning is from 12/31/1980, and it sounds like a soundboard ... heck, it might be a soundboard.

A lot of the current tour boots sound similar to me, sound quality wise. They've all been very listenable but nothing really stellar.

The one I'm listening to this morning is from 12/31/1980, and it sounds like a soundboard ... heck, it might be a soundboard.

I've got an original CD bootleg of that - Nassau Night. What a show.

His longest show ever at 38 songs and almost 4 hours.

And I know it was recorded because several songs from that night have been officially released. I would love for the whole thing to show up one of these days.

As much as I dislike Pearl Jam, I like what they did with "official" bootlegs that one time.

Not just one time

They've done it in some form every tour since 2000. (Except last year's mini Europe/Festival tour)
In 2000 and 2003 they did CDs for every show, in 2006 they did digital downloads, this year you can purchase in either format.

Considering how much $$ we shove out for about 2 hours in 1 night the least they could do is provide a recording so we could continue to enjoy the experience :shrug:

But I'm preaching to the choir here :wink:

Here's a sample GA procedure from a previous show; according to the person I spoke to on the phone, the venue in Nashville, as of now, has no plan and is waiting to see what the Boss tells 'em to do!

General Admission Entry Procedures Set For Springsteen Concert

GREENSBORO, NC -- (April 21, 2008) -- The Greensboro Coliseum Complex has announced the floor general admission ticket procedures for the Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band concert on April 28 at Greensboro Coliseum.

On Monday, April 28, from 2-5 pm, sequentially numbered wristbands will be distributed at the north (Carlyle Club) entrance of the Coliseum to patrons with a valid floor GA ticket (patrons are asked not to attempt to line up prior to 2 pm). There will be a limit of one wristband per patron with a valid floor GA ticket. The wristband must remain on the floor ticket holder’s wrist at all times and any floor ticket holder found with a tampered wristband will have the wristband confiscated and lose his / her place in line.

A starting number will be randomly drawn at 5:15 pm. The patron holding the wristband that matches the starting number will become first in line (i.e. if No. 1-100 were issued and No. 10 was drawn, the line would start with 10, then 11, 12, 13 through 100, then from No. 1 to 9). At 5:30 pm, all patrons with floor GA tickets and a wristband will line up in numerical order, beginning with the announced number.

The purpose of the random number distribution is to ensure that all fans have the same chance of being first in line, eliminating the need to camp out.

The floor will be divided into two areas: the pit area in front of the stage and the main floor area.

The main Coliseum parking lot will open to concert-goers at 1 pm and doors to the Coliseum will open at approximately 6 pm. The initial floor ticket holders entering the floor GA area will receive admission to the front pit, until pit capacity has been reached. All other floor GA ticket holders will receive admission to the main GA floor area.

Anyone who receives a numbered wristband between 2-5 pm has a chance to enter the front pit, but not a guarantee. Any GA floor ticket holders who arrive after 5:30 pm may enter the Coliseum at any normal entry point to obtain a wristband for general floor access.

No patron, fan or club created list will be honored by tour personnel, security or building personnel.

These guidelines are subject to change without notice.

It's not a question of whether they do GA but how they do GA and the time to show up and where to wait and all that! The person I spoke to on the phone seemed just a little bit clueless but will surely get a clue before 8-21-08! (Anxious I am, I know!)

Here's some links to videos from Barcelona. Bruce's kids were up on stage with the band. That's Evan playing guitar with Bruce on Twist & Shout and next to Patty on American Land... :up:

YouTube - Springsteen Barcelona Nou Camp -- Bruce and Evan singing Twist and Shout

Twist and Shout, Barcelona ,20-7. on Vimeo -- Twist and Shout in HD

YouTube - Bruce Springsteen - American Land al Camp Nou -- American Land with Evan

071908c.jpg

That's Jessica to the left of Patty and Evan on the right. And it might be Gary Tallant's daughter next to Bruce.... Sam was there too but not in this pic..

this three show run coming up this week very well may be the last time bruce & the e-street plays giants stadium.

heck... if the rumors of this being the e-street's final tour come true thursday night could be the last time they ever play a full on concert in new jersey.

and i'm going :drool:

although i certainly hope it won't be the last time i get to see 'em all together.

we will be rocking the eli jersey with the super bowl patch... i'll make sure to take a picture for all of our patriots fans :wink:

:wave:

I'mm here...............and he and band are...................
....over there in Giants Stadium/NJ :madspit::madspit::madspit:

:sigh:
oh well....................

I'm gonna take the special GS bus out there tomorrow just to be able hear them from outside.
So far they say maybe an afternoonn shower but not in the evening.

I think they might have had rainstorm out there, but before the show for "just" a very wet stadium. :yuck:

One GS w them I saw we did have a soaking rumbling stormy rain, but NOT SO BAD [lightening-wse ]that they had to cancel it- and they were consodering it :uhoh:.

Hope everyone has had a good time!:hyper:

It's 11:30 & bruce is still playing.............

>>>For Bruce Fans in the NY/NJ/Conn area<<<

It MAY be streaming too, but i DON'T know.

New (all variety/old & new) Rock Station 101.9 rxp FM........
will be playing back the whole setlist 1/2 hour AFTER the GS shows are finished-

TONIGHT/ Mon & Thurs!:hyper::heart:

I like to reeaaallllyyy love most kinds of R&R. They mix it up nicely.
It's a GOOD station! :yes:

ENJOY!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom