Springsteen, Part IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was so glad they didn't play that song, just to prove everyone that was so certain he would wrong :lol:

bono_212 said:
Um...Nils is AMAZING! I had no idea. I wouldn't let myself watch any bootlegs or anything, so I didn't have a lot of back info to go on, but Jesus Christ! The solo he played on...Because the Night?

I no, rite?

That's the moment in the Seattle show where I started being sufficiently blown away.

bono_212 said:
Ok: 1st, why are there so many parents in Texas allowing their young girls dress like sluts?: From the moment I saw the "gaggle" of small girls outside, I knew they'd end up on stage, but I didn't really realize there were SO many of them. Why there were so many pre-teens and younger dressed like hookers at tonight's show, I will probably never understand, but there were also about six or seven of them in seats as well.

Seems like these kids made an impression on a lot of people. I feel sorry for them. I can only imagine what their parents are like.

http://www.backstreets.com/btx/viewtopic.php?t=87171

I didn't realize you felt sick. Was it your eye?

From that thread:

My friend and I were there last night, on the rail in front of Steve, and I was duped by one of the parents who were p$mping the girls into stepping away from the rail for a moment when the father was pretending to ask me a question. All of the sudden the pimp mother told the youngins to grab the railing and they swarmed in front of me and stole my spot. When I realized what happened I tried to reclaim my rail spot but the p$mp parents starting picking a fight, telling my friend to keep his hands off his kids or he'd be sorry. (For he record, he was saying, in a sharp tone of voice, "no sweethearts, we all waited in the same line this is our spot" he wasn't touching them). The mothers were then trying to slip the pit wristbands off the tiniest girls and were going to go back behind the barrier to try to slip them on the other girls who didn't get in. I don't think that worked though because I saw the heated discussion between fans, security, the other girls, and their "mother" at the front of the back pit as she was trying to get them closer.

Holy shit, what a bunch of assholes.

Like I said. They were assholes like you said. But they made Bruce laugh, and he had a good time, so I guess that's what's important?

I'm just looking for the silver lining here.

and Rose, I'll send you a PM

also, the one picture I took, because 1) I was afraid of losing my cell phone, and 2) I didn't want to make Gary the security Guard made at me :lol: Rose knows what I'm talking about

4-13.jpg

I feel the need to photoshop this with arrows explaining what blur in that photo is what. Pretty much I took it just to prove how close he was XD.

I liked the pic of the 8" heals in that thread ramblinrose :giggle:

But that truly sucks. Too bad there isn't a parent police, and rehab for these little monsters. WTF? :huh:

bono_212 said:
Like I said. They were assholes like you said. But they made Bruce laugh, and he had a good time, so I guess that's what's important?

Well yeah, that's good. I like a happy Bruce. :wink:

But I think it's more "important" (for lack of a better word - in the grand scheme of things, of course this isn't "important") is that their behavior negatively affected others' experience of the concert.

Honestly, if I had been there in the thick of the swarm of prostitots, I would have been seriously pissed off and, depending on how brave I was feeling, would have given any and all of those parents a piece of my mind. Loudly.

(Then again, I might have just sat there and passive-aggressively seethed. :wink: )

But seriously, it's awesome you had a great time. :)

bono_212 said:
also, the one picture I took, because 1) I was afraid of losing my cell phone, and 2) I didn't want to make Gary the security Guard made at me :lol: Rose knows what I'm talking about

4-13.jpg

I feel the need to photoshop this with arrows explaining what blur in that photo is what. Pretty much I took it just to prove how close he was XD.

You might have gotten away with it if you were wearing a different shirt. :wink:

martha said:

And am I wrong to enjoy the show better when Patty's not there, attempting to "sing"? :reject:

:lol: So I was watching the Live In New York City DVD and VH1 Storytellers DVD (w/ the "Brilliant Disguise" duet) and I just had this quote from Martha repeating over and over in my head and I couldn't help but :giggle: because Martha called this one soooooooooo right! hahahahaha

BTW, I'd never seen any Bruce shows before the one I went to, so watching the Live In New York City DVD and the MIND BLOWING 20 minute "Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out" . . . :rockon: :combust: :rockon: :combust: :rockon:
O H M Y G O D ! ! ! ! !

bono_212 said:
Ugh...Houston's set list is making me a little queasy.

Yeah, what a show they got. Cadillac Ranch to open, the debut of Terry's Song, which probably won't be played again unless it is another April 14 show, and special guests galore.

What a leg.

^ Actually, his VH1 Storytellers is worth it for "The Rising". Amazing. Absolutely stunning acoustic performance, and then the "story" afterward is just . . . so awesome. He's just in a trance throughout that whole section. (And the wonderful thing about DVDs is you can skip right past "Brilliant Disguise" and Patty. :lol: )

God I wish springsteen would separate himself from politics a tad.

That doesn't mean I want him to talk about politics, I enjoyed what he had to say at the Dallas show a lot.

but, I don't know how I feel about this, but I don't feel good.

phanan said:
You don't feel good that he gets involved with politics, or you don't feel good that he endorsed Obama?

I guess I don't like the idea of him endorsing anyone.

But I'm probably just being bitter :lol:

Ignore me, I'm tired.

OK, just thinking about it a little more,

I think I'm just slightly irked now cause he's kinda alienating himself a tad. I mean, now I feel awkward about liking him a little. This is why I hate politics. I'm gonna vote this time, because it's my first election, but I'm probably just going to ignore it a little more in future. Seriously, I don't understand why the nation should divide itself so very much. And now, we've got people in the same party dividing themselves, and I'm getting tired of it I suppose, and now I guess I'm a little hurt because this is the first "celeb" I've actually cared about the opinion of to throw their hat in, and I just don't care much for the results I suppose

.02, and now I'm done.

I really hate message board arguing, I suck at defending my opinion so much.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, Springsteen always has been and always will be a liberal Democrat. It's been no secret where his stance has been throughout his career - he's just been more vocal about it this decade, and I think that has more to do with his disgust of Bush more than anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom