Springsteen, Part IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was my thought, too. It's not on the Hammersmith concert DVD. Are you thinking of Kitty's Back, which goes on and on and on and on for about forever and a day?

I just heard Thundercrack for the first time on the Tracks boxset. Excellent fucking song. :up:

Has it been played live recently?

Thundercrack has been one of my favorites ever since I heard it on the old Main Point bootleg...was great hearing it live at the last rehearsal show in September...there's a good video from the Philly show YouTube - Bruce Springsteen - Thundercrack :applaud:
He stopped playing it in 74 and didn't play it again until 2001 at the Christmas shows. Wasn't played outside of Asbury Park at all until 2005 and only 12 times outside of NJ since then-so it was definitely a great treat on this tour if you got to see it!

Killing Floor database: query and searches online is a great place to check when a certain song was played :up:

I forgot about the bonus tracks on the making of disc. I love that little making of BTR thing - very cool.

Thundercrack has been one of my favorites ever since I heard it on the old Main Point bootleg...was great hearing it live at the last rehearsal show in September...there's a good video from the Philly show YouTube - Bruce Springsteen - Thundercrack :applaud:
He stopped playing it in 74 and didn't play it again until 2001 at the Christmas shows. Wasn't played outside of Asbury Park at all until 2005 and only 12 times outside of NJ since then-so it was definitely a great treat on this tour if you got to see it!

Killing Floor database: query and searches online is a great place to check when a certain song was played :up:

Ballin' ballin' ballin', thanks for the linkage.

It's on the Making of Born To Run disc, on the menu there's an option to a 1973 Los Angeles show, it only has three songs but it's awesome!
Spirit in the Night
Wild Billys Circus
Thundercrack

OH YEAH! That was the first time I heard the song :der:

Mary's Place is one of maybe 2 tracks on that album I don't care for. Listening to bootlegs now, I can't even make it through that song ... did it really need to be a 13-minute tour performance? It's like he was trying for a new Rosalita ... but failing. Oh well.

I FINALLY finished downloading a torrent of that pro-shot Paris BitUSA concert. It took me nearly a week to download that sucker. But it was worth it - it looks awesome! :drool:

Mary's Place is one of maybe 2 tracks on that album I don't care for. Listening to bootlegs now, I can't even make it through that song ... did it really need to be a 13-minute tour performance? It's like he was trying for a new Rosalita ... but failing. Oh well.

I FINALLY finished downloading a torrent of that pro-shot Paris BitUSA concert. It took me nearly a week to download that sucker. But it was worth it - it looks awesome! :drool:

I've only watched the first hour of that concert so far, but Jesus, Glory Days is hilarious.

I like Mary's Place. I don't really know why, and can def. understand why people hate it.

BTW...Who the F*** is Mary ANYWAYS?

If Mary is his sister, I don't want to know :yikes:

But she is the Queen of Arkansas...is that where her place is?

I have to drive through arkansas long-ways to get home from texas(or to go to texas) and all I can say is that if Mary IS the queen, she sucks pretty hard-corp at her job. F'n boring backwards state right there

It's a shame that they dropped Thundercrack from the current tour after the first dozen or so shows. I understand most people don't know what it is and therefore it doesn't get the same reaction as Kitty's Back or Rosalita, but damn, what an awesome song.

It's a shame that they dropped Thundercrack from the current tour after the first dozen or so shows. I understand most people don't know what it is and therefore it doesn't get the same reaction as Kitty's Back or Rosalita, but damn, what an awesome song.

i think the problem with thundercrack was it's location in the setlist... songs that people don't know tend to drain the energy out of the crowd. i thought the energy came down for american land at the garden show in october, as well... but in march at the nassau coliseum the crowd seemed much more into it. maybe it was 'cause more people knew it by then, maybe it was near st. patrick's day, maybe i was more drunk... i dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom