Spoon - New Album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm interested to hear what people think, as it has probably the most disappointing lead single of their last 4 albums. It's not like it's bad, it's just not great, which is surprising for Spoon.

i wish i knew how to post the windows media file i'm listening to. if it helps, i got it off of the atease board. gotta go now. baby's awake.

I'm shocked too, but it does happen. One of the better recent examples is The Killers' Day & Age not leaking; it took nearly a day for anyone to leak it online following its official release in Japan. Looking forward to Monday. :up:

Well, I'm not very impressed with this. I think it's a step down from the last album, which itself was a step down from Gimme Fiction.

I remember liking the single the one time I heard it... haven't followed up since

I'm with Laz on this one, I thought Ga was a step back from Gimme. If this is a step back from Ga, I don't even know if I want to buy it.

:(

Need to check this out tomorrow. Honestly, Gimme Fiction was Spoon-by-numbers to me, some classic tracks, but overall rather predictable. Ga had a more unique sound and showed them regaining their subtle experimental tendencies. Not to mention the fact that the vast majority of it kicked ass. So yeah, if Transference is a small step back from that, I don't really give a fuck.

After first listen, I like Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga better. Will have to listen more to see if it grows on me.

Or it leaked a couple days ago, when I heard it.

In meh quality, yes. It leaked in decent quality yesterday, finally.

For future reference, whenever I talk about leaks, it's always speaking about good quality leaks, not rips from streams or other bullshit like that.

i really like the album. :reject:

How does it compare to their previous work? (not just Ga Ga)

I'm just trying to decide if I should order it or not. Amazon has it for $7.99. I'll probably order it regardless, even a "bad for Spoon" type album will be sure to have some great tracks.

yeah, weird that i have Ga Ga Ga on my ipod, and i've never listened to it. i'll probably give it a spin tonight. i can see Spoon being one of those bands that i'll casually like but never be....well......."ga ga ga" over.

Oh snap. A tour with Bradford Cocks and his Deer Hunting Family Band:

Wed Mar 17 // Stubb's // Austin, TX
Thu Mar 18 // Republic // New Orleans, LA
Fri Mar 19 // Workplay Soundstage // Birmingham, AL
Sat Mar 20 // Tabernacle // Atlanta, GA
Mon Mar 22 // 9:30 Club // Washington DC
Tue Mar 23 // 9:30 Club // Washington DC
Wed Mar 24 // The National // Richmond, VA
Fri Mar 26 // Radio City Music Hall // New York, NY
Sat Mar 27 // House of Blues // Boston, MA
Mon Mar 29 // Sound Academy // Toronto, ON
Tue Mar 30 // Royal Oak Music Theatre // Royal Oak, MI
Thu Apr 01 // Aragon Theatre // Chicago, IL
Fri Apr 02 // First Avenue // Minneapolis, MN
Sat Apr 03 // First Avenue // Minneapolis, MN
Mon Apr 05 // Ogden Theatre // Denver, CO
Tue Apr 06 // Ogden Theatre // Denver, CO
Wed Apr 07 // In The Venue // Salt Lake City, UT
Fri Apr 09 // Moore Theatre // Seattle, WA
Sat Apr 10 // Moore Theatre // Seattle, WA
Sun Apr 11 // Orpheum Theatre // Vancouver, BC
Tue Apr 13 // Fox Oakland Theatre // Oakland, CA

The Austin Date is a G-d damn SXSW NPR showcase. I won't be able to get in. And on St. Patrick's Day? What cruel fate is keeping me from such debauchery?

Back
Top Bottom