Spoon - New Album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, 7.9 is crazily low for that one, considering how many year end lists it was on at the time.

I'll go pick this up during vinyl happy hour tomorrow, which gets me guaranteed admission to their in-store next week. Nice.

I just spent the last 3 minutes tying to check to make sure if my copy of the album was screwed up, because The Mystery Zone just ended mid-song.

Damn musicians with their crazy editing.

I'm baffled as to why this thing is as expensive as it is. Sure, it's 180g, but what isn't these days? No gatefold, one disc, and run of the mill liner notes... come on.

Well, at least I get to hear it finally. Everything here is new to me but "Got Nuffin." Away we go.

Alright. That's a wrap. I don't like posting impressions after one listen, but there was definitely a lot there that I really liked and only one song ("Trouble Comes Running") that I found shitty. The fact that it's less poppy than Ga^5 already bodes well for its future with me.

Also, I completely disagree on the "grower" thing. Sure, it doesn't jump right out at you with hooks like its predecessor, but it's still quite obviously a Spoon record. And they've never been a band you need time with to crack.

I too have only been through it once, and also enjoyed it. Sure, it's not as immediate as some of their more recent albums, but I don't really have any complaints about what's there.

Which is why I'm abstaining from any adjectives I might regret too. Other than calling "Trouble Comes Running" shitty.

'I Saw The Light' was the song I heard on the radio last week that I really liked. It's one of my favs from the album at this point. :up:

What tracks are youz guyz'z favz?

So I picked this up today cuz the weather yesterday sucked, and apparently the store I go to was giving away a free autographed poster with purchase. Naturally, they were all gone by the time I was able to get there. Did anyone else come across this?

Back
Top Bottom