Spiritualized

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If anyone needs a starting point, I suggest Ladies And Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space. Widely considered their best, and I absolutely love it.

Another great song of theirs is Anyway That You Want Me, which is pretty much the first Spiritualized song after Spacemen 3 disbanded.

^ Yes. Ladies & Gentlemen is one of my favorite records. It's crazy good.

I'm a little annoyed that Hey Jane wasn't given in advance with the preorder of Sweet Heart Sweet Light, but I'll get over it. Still looking forward to the album.

Well, I've just now heard the title track to Ladies And Gentlemen for the first time and it's basically blown my mind.

What a song. Wow.

The new one is pretty decent. Track 3 is pretty special. I need to listen again because my first listen was as I was drifting off last night.

Well, I've just now heard the title track to Ladies And Gentlemen for the first time and it's basically blown my mind.

What a song. Wow.

:up:

Did you hear the Elvis/Can't Stop Falling in Love version? (There are two versions.)

The whole record is amazing but I'd recommend listening to it all at once. It's kind of an experience that way.

Listening to the NPR stream...

Headin' For The Top Now is classic Spiritualized and will probably wind up being one of my favorite songs of the year. Epic. Towering. Fuck yeah.

Any other band could have written the other tracks. It sounds like an indie grab bag, albeit a high quality one.

I have not had a chance to check this out yet. So great to hear you like it. That's a good sign.

I like Pure Phase, Songs in A&E and Let it Come Down a lot, too. Songs in A&E is pretty dark (inspired by a life-threatening illness) but I like it. I don't know Amazing Grace at all. Maybe check them out online before buying them. I seem not to be very good at predicting what Spiritualized records people will like.

Yeah, I've heard it once now, and I'll have to take a couple more spins through, but it definitely has the potential to be the best since Ladies and Gentlemen...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom