Spiritualized

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On my first listen right now. I Am What I Am is hot, hot stuff.

Yes, yes it is. I think it might be one of the best things they've ever done.

After a few listens now I think that a couple of songs on the first half might grate on my nerves over time. But the second half is really strong.

This is one of the more uncomfortable performances I've seen (by anybody). I can't tell if Pierce is just concentrating really hard, scared to death, or just not into TV. Love the little dismissive wave he gives Dave at the end. Sounds great, though. But I'm not crazy about the song after repeated listenings.

Spiritualized - Hey Jane - David Letterman 5-7-12 - YouTube

This is one of the more uncomfortable performances I've seen (by anybody). I can't tell if Pierce is just concentrating really hard, scared to death, or just not into TV. Love the little dismissive wave he gives Dave at the end. Sounds great, though. But I'm not crazy about the song after repeated listenings.

Spiritualized - Hey Jane - David Letterman 5-7-12 - YouTube

I don't think he looks uncomfortable...or any more uncomfortable than he usually does on stage. Looks like any other Spiritualized performance I've seen, anyway.

I've always preferred "Lazer Guided Melodies" - with Step into the Breeze as maybe my all time favorite Spiritualized song.

Loved Spacemen 3. Also, if you haven't heard Darkside's "Melomania" - more slow Shoegaze Rock...

Saw them last week and it's the best gig I've seen them do (out of 4). Cop Shoot Cop was beyond epic.

I'm actually surprised it took a band that many years to come up with what seems like an obvious play on The Crystals' song. (But yeah, it's great.)

I don't know if I'm just not remembering what Ladies and Gentlemen sounded like, or what, but this album kind of threw me for a loop at first. Didn't sound like what I was expecting at all. After I got used to that, however, what a pure joy it was. The lead single was the best song for quite some time, an then I started to get just a little bored when "Mary" came on. Those last three songs blew me away and I'm pretty sold on this ending up as one of my top ten favorites of the year. SO so good. I'm mad that I've missed several Amazon sales on it already, but I think it may still be $5.

EDIT: Nope, random price of $6.49, still, not bad.

Back
Top Bottom