Speedy Ortiz - Major Arcana

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
I hadn't heard a really impressive BNM in a while, but here we fucking go.

If you like Pavement, early Dismemberment Plan, Liz Phair, Modest Mouse and Sleater Kinney, get on the bandwagon and ride.

Speedy Ortiz "Tiger Tank" - YouTube

Speedy Ortiz "No Below" / Out Of Town Films - YouTube

This shit is tops. Really love the lyrics, vocal delivery, guitars, sloppiness, etc. etc. Everything really does come back around after 20 years or so, huh. What up, '93.

I hadn't heard a really impressive BNM in a while, but here we fucking go.

If you like Pavement, early Dismemberment Plan, Liz Phair, Modest Mouse and Sleater Kinney, get on the bandwagon and ride.

Speedy Ortiz "Tiger Tank" - YouTube

Speedy Ortiz "No Below" / Out Of Town Films - YouTube

This shit is tops. Really love the lyrics, vocal delivery, guitars, sloppiness, etc. etc. Everything really does come back around after 20 years or so, huh. What up, '93.

I grabbed this from iTunes a few days ago. I've only listened once, but I agree with the 90's vibe. No Below jumped out at me as the standout track on the first pass. I need to give it a couple more spins.

That's about the worst thing that can happen to a person....well, from a musical standpoint.

They just played in Los Angeles two nights ago.

Nice timing, El Mel. :angry:

:lol: That blows. I am legitimately sorry about that. It would have looked a bit pathetic had I listened to the album the moment it got BNM'd, you know?

hipster_kitty_cat_advice_animal_meme_poster-r4cb4adb7fa2a49f18e301f1d898c880e_a21y_8byvr_512.jpg

This band rules. Let's talk about how their debut single was called "Taylor Swift" and it kicks ass.

K, that's dope. Doesn't sound much like Taylor though

Cuz I got a boy in a hardcore band
I got a boy that likes to fuck to Can
Then there's the boy that sings those sad songs I like
I've got too many boyfriends to see you tonight

yoGWass.gif

This is probably my favorite new band I've heard all year.

I think the D-Plan and Pavement comparisons are apt, and those are two pretty damn good influences to have. And the lead singer just seems like a badass chick.

Looks like a Wes Anderson-designed cover.

Really looking forward to this.

I only recently got into this band but I love their debut. Really excited for this.

I hear the Pavement influence you already referenced when talking about their previous album. And "Puffer" sounds like Warpaint to me.

I'm at a wickedly small venue waiting for them to perform!

Sent from my H60-L04 using U2 Interference mobile app

Back
Top Bottom