Space Moon: Return to Space: On the Moon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gratias tibi ago. Salvete, vos omnes! Gaudeo quod ii in itinere ad lunam in spatio!

Thank you (thanks to you). Greetings, you all!

I am happy because I went in journey to the moon in space!

I looked up gaudeo and itinere...I knew the forms of the words but not the meanings...

is this translation right? am I ready for Virgil yet :wink:

:laugh:

Yeah, that's pretty much right, though I would say "on a journey" rather than "in." :wink:

And I don't think anyone is ever ready for Virgil, so, sure! Why not? Isn't he the poet laureate of Space Moon? If not, he damn well should be.

:laugh:

Yeah, that's pretty much right, though I would say "on a journey" rather than "in." :wink:

And I don't think anyone is ever ready for Virgil, so, sure! Why not? Isn't he the poet laureate of Space Moon? If not, he damn well should be.

Okay, yeah, on a journey makes a lot more sense :p

and Virgil should be added to the cabinet

I'm taking L250 next year, and it's Virgil. and by next year, i mean like, in a couple weeks or something. I suppose it'll be a step up from Caesar and Cicero. And Catullus. What's with all the C's? spaCe moon.

I'm taking L250 next year, and it's Virgil. and by next year, i mean like, in a couple weeks or something. I suppose it'll be a step up from Caesar and Cicero. And Catullus. What's with all the C's? spaCe moon.

Bona fortuna with the Virgil class. My specialty in grad school (and now still, I guess) was Latin poetry, so I have read lots of Virgil. We had to translate 300 lines of the Aeneid a week. It was painful, but now that I'm better at Latin, I very much appreciate the man's genius as a poet and storyteller.

Ovid is my absolute favorite, though, with Horace a close second. Love me some Catullus too. Caesar is fun, if only because he'll use nothing but indirect statement for four pages. I'm not much for Cicero. He was the Johnny Cochran of the ancient world, as far as I'm concerned. ("My client cannot be guilty...he's MY client! And by the way, did I mention how I saved Rome from a conspiracy once? Yeah. So you owe me, and don't forget it.")

These are the kinds of conversations you have on Space Moon. Bonum est.

Bona fortuna with the Virgil class. My specialty in grad school (and now still, I guess) was Latin poetry, so I have read lots of Virgil. We had to translate 300 lines of the Aeneid a week. It was painful, but now that I'm better at Latin, I very much appreciate the man's genius as a poet and storyteller.

300 lines :yikes: when we did Cicero's De Amicitia we did, like, 60 lines a week.

Latin poetry is cool from what I know...Catullus is the only one I've really read, but I liked him a lot. I love the poem "A Brother's Death." it's beautiful and sad :sad:

Ovid is my absolute favorite, though, with Horace a close second. Love me some Catullus too. Caesar is fun, if only because he'll use nothing but indirect statement for four pages. I'm not much for Cicero. He was the Johnny Cochran of the ancient world, as far as I'm concerned. ("My client cannot be guilty...he's MY client! And by the way, did I mention how I saved Rome from a conspiracy once? Yeah. So you owe me, and don't forget it.")

Yeah I'm taking a class on Ovidian mythology next semester, though in English (I'm double majoring in Latin and Classical Civilizations...I want to teach myth). There's a separate Latin Ovid class which I'll probably take junior or senior year.

my Latin teacher for my first two semesters (who is awesome, and now he's like one of my best friends) HATED Cicero :lol: he declared him to be a pretentious asshole

anyway...for all you non-Latin majors out there...how are the playlists coming along? :wink: Mine is finished. I assume MDM will forward them to everyone at some point, but if anyone wants mine early let me know and I'll PM it to you. I have Zoot's and am looking forward to listening to it :up:

Space Moon unites generations. All that is required is a love for moons in space, rocking the fuck out, and chillin'.

Just Space Moon it, bro.

I don't know jack-shit about spacemoon, but if it involves making fun of dwarfs or dragons, I'm going to go apeshit. It's one thing to mock Wizards and Warlocks - they've got their union to back them up. But its rude as shit to mock the underprivileged.

Latin poetry is cool from what I know...Catullus is the only one I've really read, but I liked him a lot. I love the poem "A Brother's Death." it's beautiful and sad :sad:

my Latin teacher for my first two semesters (who is awesome, and now he's like one of my best friends) HATED Cicero :lol: he declared him to be a pretentious asshole

Your Latin teacher is officially badass. I thought I was the only Latin teacher in existence who hated Cicero. And yes, that is a beautiful Catullus poem. Ave atque vale. He was such an amazing poet. Some of his poems were so beautiful, and some were so dirty. Did you read the one about the napkin thief? It's one of my all-time favorites.

Anyhow, I too have received a sneak preview of the Zoots Space Moon mix. It may already be a winner! :drool:

Hey! Did you guys know that Space Moon backwards is Noomecaps? :up: Space Moon is full of surprises. :sexywink:

yep. it's real.

Nice icon, btw

That's excellent. I've been trying to put together a shirt kind of thing for the next tour myself, but this one is fairly epic, well done XD.

Thank you. I've always enjoyed yours, but what IS it?

That's excellent. I've been trying to put together a shirt kind of thing for the next tour myself, but this one is fairly epic, well done XD.

Thank you. I've always enjoyed yours, but what IS it?

My friend designed it actually. Some may remember him.

It's...a portal to the interdimensia of existentilestial thoughtplanes

//

¿

hark

the prodigal moon of space returns

spacemoonapproachesxc9.jpg

i would like to join, if it is not too late

welcome back to space moon :love:

all the spots are already filled, but I'm not sure if half the people even remember they signed up. And I kind of forget when the playlists were due. So I'll make MDM figure shit out.

My Space Mooners

I have been MIA the past week or so. This will change, as New Years week is over, and my liver will soon recover, as well as my wallet.

I shall catch up on this thread, and have more details about the Space Moon Music, etc. tomorrow.

Just Space Moon it, bros.

Back
Top Bottom