Soundgarden reunion...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BVS

Blue Crack Supplier
Iconic rock act Soundgarden, led by vocalist Chris Cornell, have confirmed rumours that they will reunite in 2010.

The widely anticipated news was announced via social networking site Twitter, with a message that read: "The 12 year break is over & school is back in session. Sign up now. Knights of the Soundtable ride again!"

Soundgarden confirms reunion rumours | Stuff.co.nz

why there is any nostalgia for the 90's music scene is beyond me. It was fun at the time, but it has aged about as well as the Olsen twins. I cant fap to that no moar

why there is any nostalgia for the 90's music scene is beyond me. It was fun at the time, but it has aged about as well as the Olsen twins. I cant fap to that no moar

I guess it depends on the particular act or music. Is 90s U2 part of that scene that didn't age well?

I wonder how much this will fuck up PJ's touring schedule in 2010 and beyond.

It will be interesting, since PJ already booked some festival dates in Europe during the summer, and first touring schedule rumours for Soundgarden suggest there will be some international festivals booked as well. Cameron is a fuckin' machine, and I really hope he'll endure the amount of effort this year will take.

(praying for a Soundgarden/Pearl Jam gig with a Temple of the Dog encore...)

I entirely agree....except about the Olsen Twins. Having been the supposed "target audience" during the grunge movement, I thought it had maybe a year, year and a half at the longest, where it was actually interesting and decent. I've always been shocked how quickly people are to forget how mind-numbingly derivative and lame it all became. What, there were maybe 1 or 2 actual decent grunge bands that haven't made complete fools of themselves at this point? I'm supposed to think fondly back on a scene that shallow and superfluous? After the last two Audioslave cash ins and his ridiculous solo album, I'm shocked any fans would still be behind Cornell. More power to you if you could look past all the complete crap he's released, I guess.

Soundgarden was one of those bands I wish I saw when they were around, but I'm not sure I will catch this reunion, Cornell's vocals have declined a lot over the years and he's sometimes painful to listen to now. :|

Soundgarden was one of those bands I wish I saw when they were around, but I'm not sure I will catch this reunion, Cornell's vocals have declined a lot over the years and he's sometimes painful to listen to now. :|

Unfortunately I have to agree :| I still wouldn't mind checking out new Soundgarden material though. Anything to eradicate the Timbaland produced mess Chris was last involved in.

Hell yeah. Cornell has the talent to be a solo artist (listen to his debut Euphoria Morning, :drool:) but he's taking a few odd turns recently.

As for his voice, during his Audioslave days I'd agree that it had degraded (but it happened to fit with that aesthetic quite well), but he really has had a renaissance since AFTER recording Carry On, I saw him twice on his tour supporting that and he was hitting notes on his material from throughout his career like nobody's business.

What of Matt Cameron though? I love Soundgarden, but he's got a good thing going with PJ, and he's the most stable drummer they've ever had.

meh... i wish cornell coulda made it work with the rage folks.

ultimately this will be a short tour, followed by an ugly break up. seems par for the course.

and i strongly echo the concerns about cameron's involvement screwing things up for PJ...

Soundgarden-R.jpg

Aww, c'mon y'all, can't ya be a little positive? :wink:

I think its cool that Soundgarden are gettin' together again. :up:

Will I go see them? No. But, I already have. A long time ago in a galaxy far away. It was December of 1991. They opened for Guns N' Roses at MSG. They were decent. It was back when Outshined was getting played on the radio I think. Good times! I loved the 90's! Bring back the nostalgia! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: If it ain't your bag, let others enjoy! :wink:

Aww, c'mon y'all, can't ya be a little positive? :wink:

I think its cool that Soundgarden are gettin' together again. :up:

Will I go see them? No. But, I already have. A long time ago in a galaxy far away. It was December of 1991. They opened for Guns N' Roses at MSG. They were decent. It was back when Outshined was getting played on the radio I think. Good times! I loved the 90's! Bring back the nostalgia! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: If it ain't your bag, let others enjoy! :wink:

I saw them open for GnR twice in Worcester.

mikal said:
ugh.....i liked them, but i've been over grunge for a while now.
But in their early days, before some clever writer coined the phrase grunge, Soundgarden was considered a metal band...so its still cool to like them.

YouTube - SLAVES AND BULLDOZERS LIVE - SOUNDGARDEN

It'd be nice to see them craft new material, but I doubt that's what we're looking at. The grunge label is such a trap, look how far PJ has come from that sound, and even late SG didn't really fit it anymore. The only bands that were fully 'grunge' were those that were ripping off of PJ and SG, like Bush.

Grunge is such a cliched term, especially since none of the 4 big Seattle bands sounded alike. They all came from different musical backgrounds. Precisely that was one of the strongest points of the Seattle music scene.

Soundgarden was the one doing it first
Pearl Jam was the one doing it the best
Nirvana was the emo-band of the day, whose popularity rose due to tragedy
and Alice in Chains was just plain cool.

Soundgarden was the one doing it first
Pearl Jam was the one doing it the best
Nirvana was the emo-band of the day, whose popularity rose due to tragedy
and Alice in Chains was just plain cool.

Coming from someone whose least favorite band of the four is Nirvana by far, that third statement is one of the most ridiculous things I've read here (especially the chewed up "tragedy" cliche). I would agree about Pearl Jam though.

:lol: Relax guys, I put the comment about Nirvana to get a rise out of people... it clearly worked.

:lol: Relax guys, I put the comment about Nirvana to get a rise out of people... it clearly worked.

I'm not one to get bent out of shape if someone says Nirvana sucks. That comment just made you sound uninformed, is all

Back
Top Bottom